Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

And just to add the adapter for the front bags are 3.5" in height so that would set the collapsed distance between spring pads @ 10.5" which is pretty close to what I was looking for when I was cycling the suspension before.
All this is dependent upon clearance of the front control arm and the engine or other related parts.

7" is as much as I can compress them myself. Which is about how far I was able to compress them when cycling the suspension. Which goes along with what ORO stated to me also. Add in the 1" mounting plate for the rear and setting the distance between upper and lower spring pads @ 8" is a acceptable number IMHO.

8" it is, then. You'll have to bash in the step of the tub to make use of that. Raising the bag into the arch can also only help things. Stuffing a tire will show you if that effort is worthwhile.

Lol, the AON (assembly order number) isn’t legible. Try one of the other ones. Maybe ORO defaced it on purpose so you can’t buy from someone else.

No it was just worn from being on the Jeep for 15 years.

20200602_142512.jpg

This one is newer since it has been replaced twice.

Product Specs for Firestone W013589310

• Extended Height:19.50
  • Compressed Height: 5.40
  • Top Plate Number:3452
  • Top Plate Width:5.31
  • Piston Number:9889
  • Piston Width:5.50
  • Firestone Bellows Number:1T26D-7
  • UPC: 767555008089
  • MPN: W013589310

So I could safely compress the bags to 6"? Then add in the 1" rear and 3.5" adapters and that makes ⁷" rear and 9.5" front?

I wonder what the ones with the internal bump go for? If they are the same price it'd make sense to get them.

But at those prices I'd wait until I had to replace them.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
Last edited:
If I was going to get the ones with the internal bump I'd replace the front bags first. I don't remember bottoming the rear as much as the front. Plus I think I can add a external rear bump stop.

If I was going to get the ones with the internal bump I'd replace the front bags first. I don't remember bottoming the rear as much as the front. Plus I think I can add a external rear bump stop.
From doing more research I think the photo of the one with internal bump is just a stock photo. The ones you have and have that part number do not have a bump. Like what @Daryl showed.

Reactions: Wildman and Daryl
Well I'm sidelined for a few days right now anyhow. I've got a ingrown hair on the back of my leg. Right where the socket rides against the back of my leg. More painful than anything.

20200601_070737.jpg

20200601_070731.jpg

20200601_070716.jpg

One of the joys of being a amputee.

So I could safely compress the bags to 6"? Then add in the 1" rear and 3.5" adapters and that makes ⁷" rear and 9.5" front?
Since that bag is not internally bumped I would go at least 6.5". Little buffer as you are not always compressing with the plates in perfect alignment.

Reactions: Wildman
Since that bag is not internally bumped I would go at least 6.5". Little buffer as you are not always compressing with the plates in perfect alignment.

That isn't a bad idea. Which brings me back to 8" in the rear and 10.5" front distance between the upper and lower spring pads. As Blaine as said I've got to check the front and see what is or isn't going to hit once I have a block to set into the frame. The rear will most likely be the tires clearing the tub/corner armor.

Once my leg heals I'll be back at it and post up what I find. I'm hoping I'll get a call from the machine shop in the next day or so to come pickup my block and other parts. Then I'll have to decide if I want to mess with the Jeep or the engine. While I am laid up I'll work on my wiring schematics and start figuring all that out.

Damn being SAFE is flippin expensive. Since I am suppose to stay off my leg as much as I can my daughter went into town to get the anchor bolts and d-rings. I don't know yet what she bought but the d-rings were $80. Guess it doesn't matter at this point. I'll install the tie-downs and use them.

I bought 6 d-rings so I can tie down the front, middle and rear once I weld the rear frame back on. Is this what you do @mrblaine or am I overdoing it?