Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

We all need to start the journey somewhere.

@Neil Sears Just don't look back a few pages. That would be like reading the last chapter of a book and then starting it.

Just trust the reviews - ' @Wildman's thread one is worth the read and the journey keeps you on your toes...! If you don't believe in perseverance now, just wait...'

There's a few fuck ups along the way to keep it interesting.
Fingers crossed 🤞 that this time around will be the ticket.

Finally got the garage cleaned up and things are about ready for the Hemi TJ to come inside and start stripping it down.

New valve covers arrived today.

20240610_125821.jpg

I'll get the intake pulled tomorrow and then I think I'll just about be ready to pull the engine. I'm thinking about pulling the transmission & transfer case first.

Reactions: reddvltj
Not sure if this was rust in the cooling system or if it's transmission fluid that was sitting in the cooling system. At this point I plan to flush the cooling system a few times once it's back together and running just to make sure I get it cleaned out as much as possible.

20240610_185400.jpg

I've found more things that points to the crappy job that the shop who did the install. Transmission dipstick tube wasn't bolted down.
Then the transmission mount only had two of the four nuts installed on the studs.
I got the main wiring harness removed. Still have to crawl under the dash and disconnect the wires from the plugs. While I'm in there I'll pull the dash out also since I'll need it for my TJ. You need a 2001 or newer dash to communicate with the Hemi PCM.

I got the intake manifold off to make pulling the engine easier.

20240611_125417.jpg

Transmission & transfer case are off. Just got to figure out how to get them out from under the Jeep now 🤔. This Jeep doesn't sit as high as mine.

20240611_154700.jpg

20240611_154710.jpg

Plus I think I'm going to have to cut the exhaust pipe in half to get it out.

But this means that the engine is ready to be pulled also. So hopefully I'll have the engine out tonight. Not sure if the engine stand bolts I have will fit or not. Might have to run into town for some new bolts.

Engine is on the stand.

20240611_174313.jpg

20240611_174346.jpg

Tomorrow I'll drop the fuel tank and get the newer pump removed. And remove the NVLD system so I can transfer it to my TJ.
I've got a new fuel line for my TJ.
Only a few more things that need to come off this Jeep before I push it out of the garage.
Waiting on parts for the Hemi before I can install it into my TJ.

Well I didn't stop like I'd said I would.... Got the valve covers off & the timing cover & water pump off.

20240611_190753.jpg

20240611_190802.jpg

Rocker arms are ready to come off & I'll pull the pushrods and then get the heads ready to come off. Yes I'm not just going to drop the stock engine into the Jeep. There will be more to come once the parts arrive. Plus this gives me a chance to clean the block up and make sure all the gaskets are good.

Well I didn't stop like I'd said I would.... Got the valve covers off & the timing cover & water pump off.

View attachment 533902

View attachment 533903

Rocker arms are ready to come off & I'll pull the pushrods and then get the heads ready to come off. Yes I'm not just going to drop the stock engine into the Jeep. There will be more to come once the parts arrive. Plus this gives me a chance to clean the block up and make sure all the gaskets are good.

Leave it stock. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
As if that was EVER a possibility!!!

Leave it stock. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
As if that was EVER a possibility!!!

Anyone who knows me KNOWS I can't ever leave things alone... Plus the stock heads had the dropped valve seat issue so I wanted to get rid of that possibility... Which means either Edelbrock heads or??? Ya'll just have to wait and see what's gunna happen.

You mentioned running a couple coolant flushes on install. Are you planning to have the block channels flushed by any local shops?

Reactions: reddvltj