Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Where are you seeing worse power? Depending on what site you read, the reliability seems a bit biased.

Haven't we already debated all this?? Moire than once?

But in case your memory is lacking, I'd burn my TJ to the ground before I'd put a Lame Shit engine into it.

I got started on cleaning up my garage this weekend. It looks WORSE now than it did when I started but I made progress.

I've got appointments on the westside tomorrow & Thursday so I'm heading over this afternoon and won't come back until Thursday afternoon. Then Friday I'll get back to working on the garage hopefully have it ready to pull the Hemi Jeep into it NLT Monday. Then the FUN will begin.

Haven't we already debated all this?? Moire than once?

But in case your memory is lacking, I'd burn my TJ to the ground before I'd put a Lame Shit engine into it.

You'd think in all the times we've discussed this you'd know that the engine I have is not a 5.3 or a 6.0.

The engine I bought is the hot cam version of the engine used in this pic below, from the same guy so I assume same dyno as the mopars. I could not find this guy reviewing the cammed version, by GM's numbers the cam adds 65 HP.

1717434605059.png

And for comparison the Magnum and Hemi in your original video.

1717434578455.png

You'd think in all the times we've discussed this you'd know that the engine I have is not a 5.3 or a 6.0.

The engine I bought is the hot cam version of the engine used in this pic below, from the same guy so I assume same dyno as the mopars. I could not find this guy reviewing the cammed version, by GM's numbers the cam adds 65 HP.

View attachment 531838

And for comparison the Magnum and Hemi in your original video.

View attachment 531837

Not all of us have your DEEP POCKETS... So my comparisons are all about engines I might be able to afford.

So you trying to compare your 6.2 to either the 5.9 Magnum or the 5.7 Hemi is an Apples to Oranges deal.

EDIT: I think you're just BORED at work... (can you really call it that) and want to be entertained for a while.

Not all of us have your DEEP POCKETS... So my comparisons are all about engines I might be able to afford.

So you trying to compare your 6.2 to either the 5.9 Magnum or the 5.7 Hemi is an Apples to Oranges deal.

They are available in junk yards.

EDIT: I think you're just BORED at work... (can you really call it that) and want to be entertained for a while.

Yep, short week. Ready to head to Moab.

• Face Palm
Reactions: Wildman
Early 2010's Camaro SS. ~$5k

Only early 2010? So not going to be readily available...

But again for the 1k's time NO LAME SHIT engine is going into my TJ...

And you're still comparing Apple to Oranges... Plus all your supposed power is in a RPM range that isn't very usable in a DD rig.

Not sure I follow this, it makes more power and torque everywhere as compared to the mopars he was testing that I screen shotted.

OK you don't have to follow it... And as I said you're comparing Apples to Oranges... It isn't all about who has the MOST power...
But you can keep thinking that..

Are you guys fighting? Like I genuinely can’t tell lol. Just here stirring the pot ☕

Ryan was bored and I'm just an attention whore so nope not fighting...

He likes to spout his Lame Shit engine drivel now and then since his is still just sitting in a crate.

But thanks for stirring the pot..

Are you guys fighting? Like I genuinely can’t tell lol. Just here stirring the pot ☕

ges%2F7a672254-60d6-4f1b-965f-7b0ccd79e89e_460x259.gif

Ryan was bored and I'm just an attention whore so nope not fighting...

He likes to spout his Lame Shit engine drivel now and then since his is still just sitting in a crate.

But thanks for stirring the pot..

It looks so cool though. After Moab I may move it to the engine stand.

View attachment 80247

This is what it looked like right before it was parked 8 years ago. The 5.2 Dodge magnum V-8 I had swapped into it was having overheating issues. So I had planned to either rebuilt the current engine or find another to rebuild. Well I came across a 5.9 from a Durango for cheap and bought it. I was almost done doing a cheap rebuild when I came across a fellow Ram owner who wanted to trade a stroked 5.9 for a stock 5.9. So after a little haggling we came to a deal. We traded short blocks. His engine had about 10K miles on it so I decided to tare the engine down and clean it up and reseal it. Of course things always happen you do things like that. I dropped the number 2 piston and broke a skirt off it.

About this time I was going thru a divorce so funds dried up for any Jeep repairs. Once I got back on my feet, so to speak I was having health issues that was limiting my ability to work out in my garage. So this past spring I took measures to make myself better. I had been wounded in Iraq back in 2004 when I was shot in the right thigh. The avatar is my femur. In May 2018 I had my lower right leg amputated to try and get rid of the sever pain I was in. Most doctors wouldn't do this surgery because there isn't any guaranty it will help.

View attachment 80246

My current socket that I designed the wrap for.

View attachment 80244

So plans for this facelift is to remove the Nth Degree longarm suspension, stretch the rear 5-10" and the front 2". To do the amount of stretch in the rear I am wanting to do I am thinking about lengthening my tub by about 5-6". I currently have a GenRight 24 gal fuel tank so that has to go and I'll be getting one of their stretch tanks. I'm going to 3 link the front and 4 link the rear while doing all this.
Then I'm going to install aluminum front highline fenders and rear corners. All my old parts will be handed down to my daughters 2002 TJ Sport. So no parts will be wasted or neglected.

View attachment 80245

Don't expect anything right away as I have to wait for the weather to warm up and the snow to melt. But as it gets warmer and funds permit I will be ordering parts.

Thank you for your service.

You’re on the first page?

Good luck, you have many sleepless nights ahead of you to catch up.

We all need to start the journey somewhere.

@Neil Sears Just don't look back a few pages. That would be like reading the last chapter of a book and then starting it.

Just trust the reviews - ' @Wildman's thread one is worth the read and the journey keeps you on your toes...! If you don't believe in perseverance now, just wait...'