Will 2005 Jeep Commander seats fit in a TJ?

myjeep3

TJ Enthusiast
Found these seats from a 2006 jeep commander for $80 and and to know if they would fit in my TJ. They are powered so wll have to make them move some how.

Thanks

20230519_100249.jpg

You aren’t alone. One of the things I dislike the most in cars is leather seats. I will do anything to avoid leather seats. Which is funny because I absolutely love leather in the right application.

Its just dumb. Its hot, its cold, its slippery, it doesn't wear particularly well, and its expensive. I'd rather have cloth. If dirt is a concern, a good vinyl is at least cheaper and wears better than leather. I like leather on my women, keep it out of my car!

The seats dont look that big.

It's not just the size that is going to be an issue... The power seat options are dependent on the seat frame, which mounts to the tub of the Jeep. I'm fairly certain the Comander and TJ do not share the same tub floor shape.

Although as @macleanflood said "You can make anything work with enough patience." Provided they aren't too wide...
You could make modifications the base to fit it to the TJ tub, but how high will that make the seat sit compared to the TJ seats?

i wouldn’t waste my time or $. leather like carpet doesn’t belong in an off road vehicle or truck.

• Love
Reactions: Zorba
You could cut the Jeep tub at the 1/4 and 3/4 mark front to back, add 10" to each side, widen the frame rails. Seat would fit perfectly.

Bonus points it would make installing an Atlas easy!

A good seat guy could restitch the seats...cut and weld the internal frame down...cut down the foam... springs.

You can do anything with enough time and patience.

Me personally I'd find another set of seats. I have other crazy shit i'd rather spend my time on...but to each their own...

-Mac

I believe that it is safe to say that unless you remove the center console in your Wrangler, these seats are too wide.
They may still not fit as the base of the seats in question are as wide (or wider) than the backs of the seats.
The base of TJ seats is narrower than the seats themselves.
You are better off looking for a set of seats from a JK; that's what I did.
Still a bit of work to make them fit, and I never did complete the tilt/flip function.