Will a PCM from a 2003 TJ fit in my 2002?

You need to find this connector which is somewhere on the harness, in front of that t case position pigtail. Unless you unhooked it, it should have the neutral safety switch pigtail plugged into it.

FCI_x_54200409.jpg

Reactions: Wildman
There is a t case position switch on top of the t case, above the front output. That is where that 2 pin connector goes. I know it goes there because the wire colors are black and black/red.
You are absolutely correct, I can't believe I missed that considering I took the connectors off the tcase

Once you find that 4 pin connector, unhook the neutral safety switch pigtail, go over to your manual harness and grab the manual pigtail which has that same 2 pin connector on it like the t case uses. plug it in, should start right up.

Once you find that 4 pin connector, unhook the neutral safety switch pigtail, go over to your manual harness and grab the manual pigtail which has that same 2 pin connector on it like the t case uses. plug it in, should start right up.
Thank you, I can't see well enough tonight but I'm going to try this in the morning and I will report back. I think you may have just saved me a giant headache

Reactions: Lou and Wildman
I'm thinking I just have the worst luck ever. Literally haven't touched the tj since last night went out there and now back to no guages(except odometer like before), no fuel pump, and no obd2... Which makes no sense at all

• Sad
I'm thinking I just have the worst luck ever. Literally haven't touched the tj since last night went out there and now back to no guages(except odometer like before), no fuel pump, and no obd2... Which makes no sense at all

Check fuses and voltage ⚡ on your battery. Then if the battery is good disconnect it and unplug and check all the pins in the PCM to see if any are bent.

Then plug it back in and reconnect your battery. Then see what happens.

Check fuses and voltage ⚡ on your battery. Then if the battery is good disconnect it and unplug and check all the pins in the PCM to see if any are bent.

Then plug it back in and reconnect your battery. Then see what happens.
Yeah all that looks good, I'm sadly starting to think I've gone over my head here and I'm considering having it towed as I'm going to need it for this winter.

My completely dumb and probably not possible theory is that since that pcm came out of a Rubicon it had skid and I locked it up. I'm wondering if that's the case if it could be reprogrammed for non-skid and to my vin#

I don't know enough about Skim to help you out there.

this is how I feel about this entire situation lol. all the wiring is taken care of and at least and the jeep wants to crank. All I lack is (hopefully) a pcm and a 5 speed trans mount

But you're getting CLOSE and that is what matters. Don't lose faith. You'll get it.