Would a NV3550 from a Liberty fit on a 99 TJ 4.0?

Firecaige

So I have thought long and hard about the swap but I was wondering if I could just use the nv3550 from the liberty sport or if it would have to be from a wrangler. I really want to know because the price difference is insane.

So I have thought long and hard about the swap but I was wondering if I could just use the nv3550 from the liberty sport or if it would have to be from a wrangler. I really want to know because the price difference is insane.

Did a liberty ever come with a 4.0? Or a nv3550?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
So now we assume that all nv3550 use the same face mounting pattern? Then he could use his existing bellhousing? Or am I missing something?

No clue. We have already reached the end of what I know about the early Jeep Liberty. 🤣

Reactions: P man
So now we assume that all nv3550 use the same face mounting pattern? Then he could use his existing bellhousing? Or am I missing something?

I'm wrong all the time, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the bell housing was a direct bolt up.....but I would be stunned if the bell housing itself had a different bolt pattern to the transmission case.

I'm wrong all the time, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the bell housing was a direct bolt up.....but I would be stunned if the bell housing itself had a different bolt pattern to the transmission case.

I have looked up everything and I seems like the clutch and the bell housing should be a direct bolt up so as the transfer case

I can't imagine the bell housing being the same, the Liberty never ran the 4.0 engine the OP has.