Ya'll I'm Scared

If you don't have cruise control in your TJ, go ahead and check out the guide Chris has on installing it. Long trips without cruise control are a pain in the ass. Outside of that, you have a hard top and tires that aren't too aggressive, so you won't have as much wind/tire noise as many other TJs out there, so it should make a good trip for you and your pops.

I have cruise control luckily. Yea the TJ I have is a pretty quiet ride. Quieter than I expected. As for your other points I agree. The great thing about 90/00's Jeep's and other cars is that they still have a lot of the simplicity of older vehicles and much of the convenience of modern without going overboard. And there is a great nostalgia of having manual windows

Reactions: Equilibrium31
There was a kid who’s dad gave him 10,000 dollars .....his dad asked what he did with it ...

He said he spent some of it on Jeeps,booze and women....

His dad said how about the rest ?

Oh, I just wasted it.

You make a decision yet cupcake? Some of us are waiting for a "Live from the Road with my Pops" thread.
We will create a road points checklist soon:
Cool Scenery: 5pts
Family Pics: 10pts
Road boobs: 15pts

And the list will continue...

Jeep wave pics should be on that checklist but they're not all the same. I think the rarity of the Jeep's existence should get more points than the rarity of a wave from the most common Jeeps out there.

Modern Jeep SUV Wave: 5pts
TJ Wave: 10pts
CJ, YJ, and full size Jeep Wave: 15pts
Jeep Wave & boobs: 25pts.

I'm not sure about JK or JL waves. Since those waves seem totally rare maybe they could get a couple extra points, OK maybe not, but most of those Jeeps are driven by young women so any JK/JL Wave & boobs could be 50pts. And who knows, maybe Classic>New and his father will get lucky enough to get the JK/JL wave from 4 topless young women in a topless 4 door. I can't even count that high for those points and now that I'm thinking about boobs I don't think I'd need any points, I'd just be happy enough to get a wave like that.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Go with the TJ. I just drove mine a thousand miles one way just because I wanted too. I flew my brother in to join me on the trip. It was a blast. These things are very reliable. If my dad were still here I would happily do your trip with him. Have the cooling system checked carefully, it’s a tad warm. You won’t regret the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You make a decision yet cupcake? Some of us are waiting for a "Live from the Road with my Pops" thread.
We will create a road points checklist soon:
Cool Scenery: 5pts
Family Pics: 10pts
Road boobs: 15pts

And the list will continue...

I have made the decision to stick with the TJ.

But unfortunately I can not make the road trip with my father. I recieved orders to report to a ship for work. It's just one of the hazards of my job. So he will be making the trip alone or with his father. It really sucks because I was greatly looking forward to making this trip with him. But I know he will enjoy the trip and I know he needs the time off. Maybe in the future I will be able to make the trip again with him.

However he will be taking tons of pictures and I will be sure to post them here when I can.

Reactions: S.McArthur