York compressor pics requested

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Hey everyone, I am soon to install my york 210 compressor and would like to get ideas for plumbing the lines. If you wouldnt mind posting pics of your setups, that be great. Thanks

Reactions: TJ Starting
Here’s mine.
EF51C707-5F86-4014-A597-369AFCF3F7DE.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting and D M
This is how I did my York system in my previous TJ. One key point to keep in mind if you plan to use flexible hose at the compressor, make sure the airline leaving the compressor is rated for high temperatures! Standard air tool type air line won't survive the hot temperature of the air leaving the compressor and it will fail/blow out. I found that out the hard way. Goodyear high temperature hose is what I ended up with, the red hose below, and it worked great. I found it at a hydraulic hose manufacturing shop.

CIMG0487 with line circled.jpg
CIMG1385.JPG
CIMG1389.JPG
OBA Front.JPG
OBA Rear.JPG

There's no need for half of the stuff shown below like the pressure gauges and relays, the compressor's solenoid doesn't draw enough power for that.
York-Glenn.jpg
york-schematic.jpg

Reactions: Tob and D M
Thanks for the pics, much apprieciated. One question, If I were to not run a tank e.g just a discharge line right to an air chuck, do I need a pressure regulator and a pressure release valve? Im not too clear about that

Thanks for the pics, much apprieciated. One question, If I were to not run a tank e.g just a discharge line right to an air chuck, do I need a pressure regulator and a pressure release valve? Im not too clear about that
Hey Dylan, not sure which setup you have going but ORO has a kit for the TJ. You do want a manifold with a pressure switch that’ll disengage the clutch if the line reaches a certain pressure. You don’t need a regulator as the york puts out about 10cfm continuous duty.

this is for airing up only correct? Not lockers?

Last edited:
Hey Dylan, not sure which setup you have going but ORO has a kit for the TJ. You do want a check valve that’ll disengage the clutch if the line reaches a certain pressure. You don’t need a regulator as the york puts out about 10cfm continuous duty.

this is for airing up only correct? Not lockers?
Yes only airing up. I just bought the oro kit. Already have a remanufactured york

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Do you have a link to the one you just posted? And I noticed that button to the right of it?
Edit: That all came with my York kit. It’s a manifold and 150psi pressure switch. The rocker switch is just a 3 prong on/off switch. The york kit came with a wire harness to wire the pressure switch to the clutch.

Last edited:
Reactions: D M
Edit: That all came with my York kit. It’s a manifold and 150psi pressure switch. The rocker switch is just a 3 prong on/off switch. The york kit came with a wire harness to wire the pressure switch to the clutch.
Oh ok, i mustve bought a different kit then. Mine comes with the bracket and pulley and hardware, thats it

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
This thread just reminds me that I need to put an oil cooler device on my OBA setup...

If you are referring to a coalescing filter then yes, that is a good idea...
No, I am referring to a cooling device. Such as a transmission cooler to cool the air/blow-by. I dont have enough experience with a york, but on my sanden what little oil that is coming out is incredibly hot. So much so that it melted the filter within my coalescing housing. I know @jjvw installed a cooler on his york set up.

20210401_181500.jpg

No, I am referring to a cooling device. Such as a transmission cooler to cool the air/blow-by. I dont have enough experience with a york, but on my sanden what little oil that is coming out is incredibly hot. So much so that it melted the filter within my coalescing housing. I know @jjvw installed a cooler on his york set up.

View attachment 266179
Interesting, I never had that problem but I do run several feet of hose before the filter. If you install it on the firewall you should also make sure it's not too close to the exhaust manifold (or shield it) because that shit gets HOT.

I just bought a small power steering cooler to cool the air so it doesnt melt. I did what @jjvw did
I got mine from a newer junk yard Grand Cherokee. It lives in between the pump discharge and the manifold. There is quite a bit of temperature difference on either side.