Your go to music

Most all of what you said. But mostly the classic rock, the blues and jazz. With a touch of rap & hip hop. And some folk too. Not into pop or pop country. Gotta say, Steely Dan is #1 in my book, RIP Walter Becker.
Steely Dan is my #1 too. Funny I hated them when I was much younger. Then a few years ago I bought Aja and was hooked. Now I have the 4 disk greatest hits and many other of their albums as well as Donald Fagen’s - Morph the Cat

Reactions: alittleoff
You won't be disappointed with the rest of DF's releases either. Although WB's is kinda whack, "11 Tracks Of Whack".

Reactions: mde8965
Never understood why folks are so down on Nickleback. I've got a "greatest Hits"-type cd, and have about worn it out in the car. Very talented, in my book. :)
I don't completely hate them like so many. For some reason, I just don't dig their sound.

Did we just become best friends??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bob Marley, Sublime, Lynyrd Skynrd, Johnny Cash,
Tom Petty, Staind, Alice In Chains, STP, and don’t hate me for growing up in the 90’s but I love me some old school rap.

Yes, I believe we did :D

Reactions: Jay P
In no specific order..just depends on my mood.

Tool
Staind
Adema
2pac
Notorious B.I.G
Halsey
Chevelle
Justin Timberlake
Kevin Gates
Gravity Kills
Aaron Lewis
Bob Seger
Led Zepplin

This list could go on forever so I'll stop there.

The wife and i listen to music on the back porch nightly.....a long with moderate drinking.
One night it may be Van morrison and Elton John, next night Kenny Chesney and Allison Krause.
Really not much i can't listen too except maybe DRAKE. Lol

Reactions: Squatch
So, what would be the one artist/group that you listen to that would absolutely shock the hell out of folks? You know, something they just would never expect?

*Sorry. I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Still curious, though...

I meant to post this here.. MJ

Ya haha. I grew up with it in the background. I can’t help it!

LOL It's like listening to Disco. What happens in the privacy of your own home, ya know? ;)

Speaking of Disco, we had a very popular Pop/Rock station up here...KJR...that changed their format to "All Disco, all the time!". I couldn't believe it! I rolled up the windows in my car and listened to it (didn't want anyone to know I was!). I thought it was nuts of them to do that. Turns out it was an April Fools joke. I had completely forgotten the date. Funny guys!

Reactions: alittleoff
Ha ha good old Michael J.
I remember listening to him and everyone was trying to do the moon walk. Then it was Morris Day and everyone doing the “bird” dance. Some strange times the 80s. Bobby Brown and the parachute pants.

And someone said earlier they grew up in the 90s and therefore liked old school rap. No, old school rap was the early 80s. Run DMC, the Beastie Boys and LL Cool J (yes he was a rapper before he was an actor on NCIS). The early 80s also started the craze of putting large subwoofers in cars. This fad is partly responsible for me being over 50% deaf and wearing hearing aids. I had 2 12” open air subs in the trunk of my 79 trans am.

Ha ha good old Michael J.
I remember listening to him and everyone was trying to do the moon walk. Then it was Morris Day and everyone doing the “bird” dance. Some strange times the 80s. Bobby Brown and the parachute pants.

And someone said earlier they grew up in the 90s and therefore liked old school rap. No, old school rap was the early 80s. Run DMC, the Beastie Boys and LL Cool J (yes he was a rapper before he was an actor on NCIS. The early 80s also started the craze of putting large subwoofers in cars. This fad is partly responsible for me being over 50% deaf and wearing hearing aids. I had 2 12” open air subs in the trunk of my 79 trans am.

Haha it was me that said that but I don’t disagree with you. The funny thing is that I remember getting 3 cassettes that I asked for that were my first cassettes for my boom box. They were Beastie Boys, license to ill
Run DMC, Raising Hell
and Aerosmith, Pump
I also had LL Cool J’s Bad, Grandmaster Flash, Rob Base, and many more along the way. I did grow up in the 90s but old school rap to me is anything from my childhood. I’m glad I’m not the only one here that enjoys it and grew up on it along with a great variety of other music.
Born in 77’

Reactions: Rob5589 and mde8965