“Thought it was done” build / blog

Received the links I ordered a few weeks back. Bit of an impulse buy. Lol
But they are pretty.

DFE9177B-670C-4D1D-A93C-D2F3ABC474E2.jpeg

Face book. Kept looking for an identical harness by number. What harness number are you looking for?
56047 201 or 203 are possibilities. I'm doing a transmission swap, so I need a different one than I have. I may have to add circuits based on options, but that is as close as I can come with the resources I have. My Rubicon is pretty loaded, as far as TJs go. No Gentex mirror, but the wiring is there.

Reactions: JMT and Gollywomper
WOW, WTF how did he ship it? That is crazy. Guess he didn't know a harness will fit into a large flat rate box.
I asked he said it wouldn’t fit. Lol. It was the PDC box /harness and a 6cyl harness. Will start going through it later to make sure I have the correct diagrams.
Still waiting to see if I find a complete manual/engine donor rig or a just trans first. Seems to be easy to find a running rig with a 5.9 with a bad auto tranny though.

Reactions: Wildman
56047 201 or 203 are possibilities. I'm doing a transmission swap, so I need a different one than I have. I may have to add circuits based on options, but that is as close as I can come with the resources I have. My Rubicon is pretty loaded, as far as TJs go. No Gentex mirror, but the wiring is there.
You doing a Hemi swap or just trans?

I asked he said it wouldn’t fit. Lol. It was the PDC box /harness and a 6cyl harness. Will start going through it later to make sure I have the correct diagrams.
Still waiting to see if I find a complete manual/engine donor rig or a just trans first. Seems to be easy to find a running rig with a 5.9 with a bad auto tranny though.

I wonder how much different a 4 cyl is from the 6 cyl? If it's only 2 injector wires I wonder why it wouldn't fit?

I would just get the running auto tranny rig and then blend the two harnesses to make your manual harness. Shouldn't be super hard. Both the Dodge and Jeep harness I bought were shipped in a large flat rate box.

Reactions: Gollywomper
I wonder how much different a 4 cyl is from the 6 cyl? If it's only 2 injector wires I wonder why it wouldn't fit?

I would just get the running auto tranny rig and then blend the two harnesses to make your manual harness. Shouldn't be super hard. Both the Dodge and Jeep harness I bought were shipped in a large flat rate box.
The box it came in looks no bigger than a flat rate box. We agreed on 160 shipped before he found out. Not sure he knew any better.

I've made that mistake because I was use to OLD shipping rates. Don't do that anymore.
It easily would have fit in a large flat rate box I just got one out. I ship quite a lot through my side gig.
I did get several connectors labeled tonight. Wish the guy would not have cut the harness going to the fuel pump. Oh well easy fix.

• Wow

This is most likely they way I will go. Hard to find a running manual trans rig in the donor price range. Lol. Several 5.9s with clapped out interior and bad auto trans that run for less than $500. Since I’m planning on a rebuild before install I just need something that runs decent without any knocks or heat issues.

Dang that is the part of a wiring harness that I need to make mine look better. The harness to the speed sensor & fuel pump/sender.

Reactions: Gollywomper
Dang that is the part of a wiring harness that I need to make mine look better. The harness to the speed sensor & fuel pump/sender.
Ya. Most likely I will leave my current harness alone there and just pin it into my frankenharness. No need to rewire that stuff.

What about the ASD system I have read multiple folks saying they had minor issues with it. Using a stock TJ harness will I be needing to change anything with the ASD?
It looks like it’s just 1 wire from the PCM, just needs to be in the correct spot in the donor PCM?

Last edited: