@JMT, i know this has nothing to do with your build but have you ever considered D rings for your front bumper ? Not that your RED BEAST needs anything, of course.
I think 2 nickel D rings would look sharp against your black front bumper. Yes, no?
D rings are on my list, but toward the bottom.
I have them, I just keep them in my toolbox. All they do is swing around and make racket;)

Old saying of MrBlaine, “You can’t be a Billy Bad A— unless you wear your D-Rings on your bumper.”

Reactions: lindsey97 and KCsTJ
Mine have rubbers!

20171202_200759.jpg

Reactions: lindsey97 and KCsTJ
There are a couple of things in the works ive been meaning to update. First, purchased some Zero Rust aerosol for my Dana 44 Axle. This stuff can convert rust. I’ll do my best to clean the axle up, but this should work regardless.
8D0A10C6-9A07-4FBD-BE69-20B6E656DD6A.jpeg

Axle prep is coming along. I’m taking my time with this one. There’s no hurry, it’s 100* outside. I’ll just prep and think it through.
6139170A-3EC3-4BED-9073-E065BCD300E8.jpeg

The second thing is this arrived today.
1DAA73BC-D5EA-40DC-835C-F581423C6B87.jpeg

73AFB967-09E8-4FD0-9F18-F60D4CD6F772.jpeg

Oh, and shout out to @AOR for the gears, great service, great price, great help, can’t be beat! Highly recommended

Yo @JMT I just wanted to let you know that the tires are pretty awesome! SST Pros They ride pretty good and are quiet. Although I haven't driven on them without the top yet, but with the top on and the radio on, I don't even hear them. I am pretty happy.

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
Yo @JMT I just wanted to let you know that the tires are pretty awesome! SST Pros They ride pretty good and are quiet. Although I haven't driven on them without the top yet, but with the top on and the radio on, I don't even hear them. I am pretty happy.
I love them too! I couldn’t agree more. I’m 6,000miles in and just as smooth and quiet as the day I bought them. I’m glad they work for you. Their off-road performance is great, as you can imagine; rocks and mud. What pressure are you running? I’ve settled on 25.5lbs, assuming my tire gauge is correct.

Reactions: ac_
You mean you want a pic? Or do you mean how do they look to me?
Either way, just wondered the general condition, if the rotor is smooth or gouged, and how much brake pad is showing?
(I'm secretly.jealous of your soon 2 be four wheel disc brake setup!) :)
Your red beast is going to perform so much better from a braking standpoint

I love them too! I couldn’t agree more. I’m 6,000miles in and just as smooth and quiet as the day I bought them. I’m glad they work for you. Their off-road performance is great, as you can imagine; rocks and mud. What pressure are you running? I’ve settled on 25.5lbs, assuming my tire gauge is correct.

I am running at 30, but @Boinked noticed that it was too much air, but I haven't had it in the garage yet to lower them. The outer edges were still clean in a picture I took. I will put it down to your spec, and see if it is any better, but even with a little too much air they are still pretty awesome.

Reactions: JMT and Boinked
Either way, just wondered the general condition, if the rotor is smooth or gouged, and how much brake pad is showing?
Rear discs dont really increase braking performance. They don't fade as bad, and they are much easier to service though. Something like 80 percent of your braking comes from the front. That is why you typically don't see vented rear rotors...they just don't get that much action.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Rear discs dont really increase braking performance. They don't fade as bad, and they are much easier to service though. Something like 80 percent of your braking comes from the front. That is why you typically don't see vented rear rotors...they just don't get that much action.
Gotcha @Ranger_ b0b . I knew that was the case with a front disc/rear drum set up.
Didn't know that was the case with rear disc too.
I'm still jealous, I'd love to have a rig with 4 wheel disc brakes. :)

Is it true that e-brake performance and climbing hill performance might be enhanced? I read that in the other thread on disc brake conversion, but didn’t know if the info was accurate.

The rotors are smooth. They just had some surface rust on them. I’m removing most of that. Should be ready to paint soon.
C4F74066-41F9-445F-8FD2-CC783AF7C38B.jpeg

1945B586-5F01-4D50-908E-BFC6E04FA62B.jpeg

The disc brakes have also been cleaned up so they’re ready to shoot. Looks like plenty of pad left. I’ll upgrade all my pads to Black magic when the time comes. That will probably help more than anything.
B2E27ECF-01A1-44D2-806F-2AC31845E171.jpeg

DA1340D7-8C04-4B77-8CF1-AAD0DC9AE3AA.jpeg

The conversion looks like it would be pretty simple. Thanks for asking. ;)

Reactions: b0xcar and KCsTJ