Talk about climate change, lol! Your shit is perfect for that! Don't change a thing.
I agree! Only thing she needs is a tummy tuck. Then again, most women need one by the time they get her age. As it stands, I will be in the garage tomorrow touching up every CA bracket, diffs, frame, rock sliders, gas tank skid. 😳 Good day!

Reactions: tworley
Good stuff! I knew you would eventually find a little better wheeling up there. How far away are you from those trails?
Near Pine Hurst ID, about 1 hr 20 minutes. Running the creek reminded me of FM TRO. Creek is wider though. Got myself in trouble when I slid off the road toward the creek bed. There’s a good 2 foot drop on my drivers side in this photo. Ended up winching 4 times and only the last one turned my front end pointing up the hill so I could back down and get turned around. It is so slick there. Very dicey.
8E126B1F-6492-4EB2-B05F-2C53F418173F.jpeg

I have an extra track bar angled bracket I Think ! Lemme check tomorrow , PayPal shipping it’s yours
That’s very kind of you to offer. However, I was already able to acquire that part for the TT. Still need rear CA’s, SS SYE and DC

Reactions: connor grimes
Do you plan on keeping stock front CAs for simplicity?
For economy 🤣.

Initially my plans were to stay on stock CA’s because they just work, I get all possible articulation with them.

However, I keep damaging the front lowers. Someone mentioned running them upside down, with the open C channel pointing up. However, I think they would fill up with mud and rocks. My plans now are rear CA’s for the TT, but the more I think about it, the front lowers for sure.

For economy 🤣.

Initially my plans were to stay on stock CA’s because they just work, I get all possible articulation with them.

However, I keep damaging the front lowers. Someone mentioned running them upside down, with the open C channel pointing up. However, I think they would fill up with mud and rocks. My plans now are rear CA’s for the TT, but the more I think about it, the front lowers for sure.
I want to do the same. I also want to tuck though, something mild like the Barnes piece, but still need the adjustment. So I feel the pain. Stock CAs work so well and are so dirt cheap it's hard to drop $1000 on a set.

I want to do the same. I also want to tuck though, something mild like the Barnes piece, but still need the adjustment. So I feel the pain. Stock CAs work so well and are so dirt cheap it's hard to drop $1000 on a set.
Yep, it’s that $1K + price tag driving me crazy. I think I found a guy on here going to a 3-link who is going to sell me his MC’s. I sure hope that works out!

One of the best mods I’ve done In terms of driveability both on road and off was getting all adjustable control arms , makes such a difference especially for daily driving believe it or not

Reactions: JMT
just consider, the stronger material of the adjustable CA's body will force all of the movement into your connection joints and/or the brackets that hold them.

your new joint should exceed the limits of the factory joints to help compensate for this stress transfer onto the brackets.

just consider, the stronger material of the adjustable CA's body will force all of the movement into your connection joints and/or the brackets that hold them.

your new joint should exceed the limits of the factory joints to help compensate for this stress transfer onto the brackets.
So, would a a JJ or MC's Duroflex joint take the stress off the mounting brackets?

Regardless of what people say, there are some chemical de-icing strategies used in WA. As a consequence, I’m having to stay on top of the underside of the Jeep more in WA than in TX.

After yesterday’s run in ID on Denver Creek, I hit everything that could be hit except the steering box. I spent an hour underneath last night prepping. It was clear some were a few months old and some that day. Got it all worked out. Really put some time into the rock sliders and rear bumper. Alcohol, Sand, alcohol, self etch, topcoat. It all looks very good now.
AB735AB6-C265-414A-93FC-5B45164168AD.jpeg

Also spent some time checking the alignment. I was toed in 1/2”. Got it down to 1/8”.
2AE497E8-42EF-4CD8-897F-D90E5CA96182.jpeg

Front
4C8759A8-DC7A-45F2-81FC-1A338BE1217B.jpeg

Rear
ADCE4B18-2383-4AE9-ACCB-A7158818FE42.jpeg

Had some pinstriping from the narrow trails. Buffed as much of that out as I could. A pretty dedicated Jeep day.

P.s. the TCase skid looks like hell and I sheared an edge of the side near the frame 😎. Thank God it won’t be on there much longer.

So, would a a JJ or MC's Duroflex joint take the stress off the mounting brackets?

both of those joints have the range of motion and ease of movement to give you the most motion b4 load transfer.
the JJ moves unrestricted, the MC takes about 8-10# of pull to max it.

both of those joints have the range of motion and ease of movement to give you the most motion b4 load transfer.
the JJ moves unrestricted, the MC takes about 8-10# of pull to max it.
That is very helpful information. Much appreciated. I can border on abuse when I take my Jeep places, though it still looks like a car lot queen.

Reactions: Vasq
This happened today. Fortunately, I was at the ORV park about 7 minutes drive from the house and wife was able to swing over. Picked up a spicer 5-760X. I guess my plate is full tomorrow recovering the rig.
93774C26-BCD8-47AB-AD0B-0B44491A761D.jpeg
D60503E6-DABD-4696-B1E3-8A953D8C0366.jpeg