The 10" wide wheels weren't helping either I would guess.
Not so much. I'm not sure what the deal up here is, but the word in ID is to run 13.5 wide tires, bolt on long arm kits, down travel is more important than up travel, etc... Everything is opposite of my world on the forum. I wonder if these decisions are an old school way of building Jeeps. They are a bunch of old geezers.

35’s
come over to the dark side☠
It's tempting, but I looked at this, it was another rabbit hole Kris. Definitely wanted more lift. IDK why so many people come on the forum trying to run 35's on 2-3" of lift. Not only would it look ridiculous, it's just not going to work. I could get away with them at 4.25", but I'd have to add bumpstop and chromoly shafts and aftermarket CA's all around and brakes for sure. A lot goes into it to get it done right. Love my Currie angled relocation bracket. Awesome!

Reactions: Kris M and DrDmoney
Not so much. I'm not sure what the deal up here is, but the word in ID is to run 13.5 wide tires, bolt on long arm kits, down travel is more important than up travel, etc... Everything is opposite of my world on the forum. I wonder if these decisions are an old school way of building Jeeps. They are a bunch of old geezers.
Sort of the same in my area of the south but not because they are old.

People have too much money to throw at their Jeeps so they automatically assume a more expensive lift kit is better, and while that's true in the realm of short arm kits, nobody seems to get that the expense of a long arm kit has no real justification.

Sort of the same in my area of the south but not because they are old.

People have too much money to throw at their Jeeps so they automatically assume a more expensive lift kit is better, and while that's true in the realm of short arm kits, nobody seems to get that the expense of a long arm kit has no real justification.
I just think it's weird. The long arm kits are killing their clearance at the TCase skid, but they're on 37's! I'm planning to measure some of them next time I'm out just to see what clearance they haves. I'm willing to bet that with 33's I'll be close to the same with my flat belly.

I just think it's weird. The long arm kits are killing their clearance at the TCase skid, but they're on 37's! I'm planning to measure some of them next time I'm out just to see what clearance they haves. I'm willing to bet that with 33's I'll be close to the same with my flat belly.
I see a JKU all the time around here that is on 40s and what the owner says is a 3" inch. Long arms. Stock gears.

If it were on 37s I still think plenty of TJs from this forum would have a higher belly.

The ID lift mentality reminds me of when Rubicon Express was the shit in early 2000's. I think guys have a habit of over building for the trails they frequent the most. I wish that my every day wheeling experience was on the Rubicon or in Johnson's valley that's just not my reality. Case in point, you were trail riding with people on 37's and I bet you went every where they did and had even more fun on your 33's.

Reactions: JMT
The ID lift mentality reminds me of when Rubicon Express was the shit in early 2000's. I think guys have a habit of over building for the trails they frequent the most. I wish that my every day wheeling experience was on the Rubicon or in Johnson's valley that's just not my reality. Case in point, you were trail riding with people on 37's and I bet you went every where they did and had even more fun on your 33's.
A lot of them are running RE.

I went many places they went, but I was learning to drive on snow and ice. It was a new reality, very different techniques involved.

63FFFDBE-A565-4D11-8061-311EAD222058.jpeg

It's tempting, but I looked at this, it was another rabbit hole Kris. Definitely wanted more lift. IDK why so many people come on the forum trying to run 35's on 2-3" of lift. Not only would it look ridiculous, it's just not going to work. I could get away with them at 4.25", but I'd have to add bumpstop and chromoly shafts and aftermarket CA's all around and brakes for sure. A lot goes into it to get it done right. Love my Currie angled relocation bracket. Awesome!
It’s expensive for sure I’ve spent plenty to do mine.
Glad you like the bracket somehow I ended up with two of those not sure how that happened

With 33’s and a 27” step to get into the Jeep, it was time to upgrade from paracord grab handles to something more stable. The OffRoad Grabars fit the bill. Amazon for $30. None of the measurements in the Grabar thread were easy to follow, but they were sufficient to get ‘close enough.’ Ingress/egress is dramatically improved.
image.jpg
image.jpg

With 33’s and a 27” step to get into the Jeep, it was time to upgrade from paracord grab handles to something more stable. The OffRoad Grabars fit the bill. Amazon for $30. None of the measurements in the Grabar thread were easy to follow, but they were sufficient to get ‘close enough.’ Ingress/egress is dramatically improved.
View attachment 136402View attachment 136403

Very handy addition; speaking from experience. I however was not so graceful with the thru-holes upon install.

Last edited: