Tire Update: Cooper STT Pro 33x12.5r15

Mileage: 23,000

I figured by now these would need to be replaced, but I’m still between 12 and 13/32. I am rotating the spare in. Rotations every 5,000 miles. Wear is even. I’ve been running 26-28psi. Tires are 1 yr 11 months old.

Tire Update: Cooper STT Pro 33x12.5r15

Mileage: 23,000

I figured by now these would need to be replaced, but I’m still between 12 and 13/32. I am rotating the spare in. Rotations every 5,000 miles. Wear is even. I’ve been running 26-28psi. Tires are 1 yr 11 months old.
Beautiful, u are getting maximum wear sounds like, and rotating the spare, 👍

Reactions: JMT
Doing a lot better than the first gen STT's I ran. Barely got 29K out of mine. Glad to see they improved the compound to last longer.

Got underneath today to center the axle, I thought it was off, turned out it was within 0.5”, so I didn’t bother. While there I cleaned things up a bit.
9E74AB47-FCCA-477A-94FD-9AE115032F30.jpeg

Ordered a little something today, not cheap, but I don't want to wait till this one is out of production. It's on backorder, so we will see. Gathering pieces for the final steps of the build....

I will focus on making everything perfect after this...wiring, lighting, carpeting, seating, new wheels for daily driving, Rubi flares may be in the future, et. al.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2006TJ1
I will focus on making everything perfect after this...wiring, lighting, carpeting, seating, new wheels for daily driving, Rubi flares may be in the future, et. al.

I'm almost to this point myself. Such a good feeling! congrats

Ordered a little something today, not cheap, but I don't want to wait till this one is out of production. It's on backorder, so we will see. Gathering pieces for the final steps of the build....

Maybe jumping the gun, but what are your plans for wheels/tires for daily driving?

I didn’t know that there was such a thing as final steps on a Jeep😳

• Haha
Maybe jumping the gun, but what are your plans for wheels/tires for daily driving?
I hate to give things away, but I'll be planning on the Quadratec Rubicon Extremes (Moab style) in Gunmetal with K02's or Procomp Sport AT's or Duratracs. The BS on the Rubicon Extremes is just right at 4" and I can remain on a 15" wheel with C load tires, better snow performance with an AT in the PNW.

I'll keep my DC-2 wheels and a set of tires for wheeling. I'll look to Interco for some blem tires to fill that job if I wear out the Cooper's anytime soon.

Reactions: KCsTJ and 2006TJ1
Don't forget, I've got to go pick up a 91' XJ in March, so I'll be working on another build for my daughter or sons. 3" Zone, 31's, mild build and resto.

Reactions: KCsTJ and 2006TJ1
Some strange things happening here, so an update is in order. I’m gathering parts for my TT. So far I have the Savvy UAM system and the JKS adjustable rear trackbar. I still need the angled bracket, rear upper and lower CA’s, the SS SYE, and Driveshaft.

In the meantime I’ve been offered a set of wheels and tires 35’s, for free just to get them out of a guys way. That has lead me to think about 4” springs. Looking at Currie and JKS. I don’t really want to do this, so I may look at some spacers to bring me up to 3.5” SL and rolling the fender pinch welds.

Some strange things happening here, so an update is in order. I’m gathering parts for my TT. So far I have the Savvy UAM system and the JKS adjustable rear trackbar. I still need the angled bracket, rear upper and lower CA’s, the SS SYE, and Driveshaft.

In the meantime I’ve been offered a set of wheels and tires 35’s, for free just to get them out of a guys way. That has lead me to think about 4” springs. Looking at Currie and JKS. I don’t really want to do this, so I may look at some spacers to bring me up to 3.5” SL and rolling the fender pinch welds.

You won’t regret the 4” Currie springs that is a good set up in my opinion. If you choose the Currie option you can get the rears that fix the lean that most Jeeps are prone to have it will take care of most of it.
Also if you need a relocation bracket PM me I’ll send you one I have extras.