šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m not there yet, but I completely understand where youā€™re coming from. To me itā€™s about what your moneys going towards. And that trailer will get many many years of use, so weā€™ll call that a tool not a toy haha. Its a Sure-Trac 18ft dove tail with built in ramps. We contacted a local distributor and grabbed last years model. Came out to $2200 and some change after everything.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT
šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m not there yet, but I completely understand where youā€™re coming from. To me itā€™s about what your moneys going towards. And that trailer will get many many years of use, so weā€™ll call that a tool not a toy haha. Its a Sure-Trac 18ft dove tail with built in ramps. We contacted a local distributor and grabbed last years model. Came out to $2200 and some change after everything.
Thatā€™s a good point, tool not toy. I already have a 5x11 trailer that I just bought 2-3 years ago ($1400). If I could sell it and come up with a bit more it would put to rest the issues of dealing with or fixing something used. Storage is another issue. It would be bigger than what I have now.

Iā€™m looking at this car hauler trailer. Anyone with good eyes see any pros/cons to a trailer like this?

Iā€™d want to weld an inner fender on. Asking $1150
View attachment 127678View attachment 127679
That trailer sits way too low, also looks to have no suspension.

The bare minimum I would buy would be a 16ā€™ 7k, but I used to have a 14ā€™ thatmy Jeep fit on. Right now I have an 18ā€™ 10k that I like a lot.

Some good brands are something like PJ, and bulldog I have a C&B but I donā€™t think they make much for car haulers anymore. Iā€™d like to get a featherlight but they are pricy or a wells cargo 20-22ā€™ enclosed. But mine should last forever so I will probably never get another

Also I just saw that add for the trailer you posted and it has no breaks, that sucks and is not too safe, and I think breaks are mandatory in this state.
Oh and another good brand is big tex

There are a number of Big Tex dealers around here, JMT. I owned a 5x14 single axle a few years ago. The wheel bearings were garbage. It began wearing tires weird almost immediately. I pulled the wheel and bearings to find them trashed......and less than a year old. I haggled with the dealer who was talking to the manufacturer. Neither were willing to accept any level of responsibility. Ultimately it was all on me to buy all new bearings & tires. The shop I went to had one good thing to say about Big Tex......that they gave them a ton of business.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JMT and IPerkWVU
There are a number of Big Tex dealers around here, JMT. I owned a 5x14 single axle a few years ago. The wheel bearings were garage. It began wearing tires weird almost immediately. I pulled the wheel and bearings to find them trashed......and less than a year old. I haggled with the dealer who was talking to the manufacturer. Neither were willing to accept any level of responsibility. Ultimately it was all on me to buy all new bearings & tires. The shop I went to had one good thing to say about Big Tex......that they gave them a ton of business.

Wow, that sucks, and good to know, Iā€™ll stop recommending them then. I only had one friend that had one for a couple years, he didnā€™t have any problems with it but he also didnā€™t use it very often either, maybe only once a month

Reactions: Airjunky
That trailer sits way too low, also looks to have no suspension.

The bare minimum I would buy would be a 16ā€™ 7k, but I used to have a 14ā€™ thatmy Jeep fit on. Right now I have an 18ā€™ 10k that I like a lot.

Some good brands are something like PJ, and bulldog I have a C&B but I donā€™t think they make much for car haulers anymore. Iā€™d like to get a featherlight but they are pricy or a wells cargo 20-22ā€™ enclosed. But mine should last forever so I will probably never get another
Yeah, thanks for thoughts on that trailer. I started looking at 14ā€˜ 7kā€™s the other day, the brand was Sure-Trac. Good to know a 16th 7k may be a better way to go.

I also thought about a tow dolly (probably cheapest) as well as flat towing (need a brake system, so probably not worth it). One of my problems is storage, where to put a big trailer like that. I have a 5x12 that sits beside the house, but I donā€™t think a 14ā€™ trailer will fit there. šŸ™„

I went up to a 10k trailer since itā€™s not too hard to overload a 7k, gotta figure the Jeep loaded probably weighs in around 4-4200lbs plus weight of trailer, about 2k and I only have a few hundred pounds to play with, add spare trailer tires tool box musc Jeep parts(I pack WAY too many) in that and some camping gear some gas and Iā€™m at the limit of a 7k, plus now I have one atv for my kid to lug around and am buying me and possibly the wife one for dune trips. Itā€™s tight but I can fit them with the Jeep

How to park at the mall in the PNW.

D879C62C-B6E1-4668-BE66-81D27F611DC9.jpeg

This is mall crawling as itā€™s supposed to be! šŸ¤£

Was anyone in your family there to alert you as to the position? We went to pick up pizza the other night and my passenger wasnā€™t fond of me trying to climb something similar :)

Was anyone in your family there to alert you as to the position? We went to pick up pizza the other night and my passenger wasnā€™t fond of me trying to climb something similar :)
No.

Reactions: rasband
Wasn't there a story behind this? The owner didnt realize he bought a 2wd jeep? I swear I've seen this before...
I saw a JKU for sale a couple years ago, a really good price, thought, ā€œthatā€™s strange.ā€ Then realized it was 2wd. I didnā€™t even know there was such a thing. Sacrilege.