Nope, 7 mile is not rocks. Gonna be a little climbing. Mud would liven it up!

AS far as funny rocks, that area is exactly where I am wanting to go. So far I haven't found any groups here that go out there, though there are some built rigs here. May have to do a meet-up
I've never been but I was chatting with @Mumblewood and he seemed pretty familiar with that area. Make sure to let me know if you start thinking about a planned meet up.

Rocks?
IMG_9215.JPG
IMG_9406.JPG

Best rocks around is probably funny/moon rocks, pretty easy to get there but far from Spokane, probably 3 hours or so.

Not sure about vantage for rock crawling anymore, they had a couple rock crawling events there back in the early 2000’s but I thought that was on private property that shut down in the early 2000’s

Reactions: Vasq
Best rocks around is probably funny/moon rocks, pretty easy to get there but far from Spokane, probably 3 hours or so.

Not sure about vantage for rock crawling anymore, they had a couple rock crawling events there back in the early 2000’s but I thought that was on private property that shut down in the early 2000’s
If you are heading out to Funny/Moon rocks, let me know and I’ll see if I can get away. I work at home, so chances are good I can get away. @Vasq can head out there too if he’s up for it. I’ve wheeled granite and limestone rocks in TX, Moab in Utah, I miss rocks.

If you want rocks you want to go to Vantage. It is a drive from Spokane, but you won't be disappointed. Also on the way is Moses Lake which has sand dunes and a huge lake. In Vantage they do professional rock climbing competitions. There is also a KOA in Vantage. Check your local publications for events. I believe you can watch and enter. They have different classes. That is if it isn't all golf clubs now haha.
Moses Lake is closer. That might be interesting. Different for sure.

Reactions: ac_
If you are heading out to Funny/Moon rocks, let me know and I’ll see if I can get away. I work at home, so chances are good I can get away. @Vasq can head out there too if he’s up for it. I’ve wheeled granite and limestone rocks in TX, Moab in Utah, I miss rocks.
If i'm up and running, i will definitely try to sneak away. don't wait up for me though! get yo fix (y) just take lots of pictures

Moses is fun, dunes aren’t that big though, but fun. If your looking for some dunes there’s also Beverly and juniper. Other than that there some good out of state but like 8hr drives

Moses is fun, dunes aren’t that big though, but fun. If your looking for some dunes there’s also Beverly and juniper. Other than that there some good out of state but like 8hr drives
I prefer rocks.

Reactions: Bob in Texas
I prefer rocks.

Same here, up in this state we mainly do “timber crawling” lots of good tight trails and steep hill climbs though. Tons of fun this time of year, when things start getting wet and slimy. Plus real good snow runs.

How long ya been up in this state BTW? Where ya from originally?

Reactions: Vasq
I used to go every year to Vantage for the rock crawls, and to Moses for the sand drags. I also used to wake board at Moses. I like the town also. One of my favorite places to play.

Same here, up in this state we mainly do “timber crawling” lots of good tight trails and steep hill climbs though. Tons of fun this time of year, when things start getting wet and slimy. Plus real good snow runs.

How long ya been up in this state BTW? Where ya from originally?
Been here just over 2 months. Still trying to get settled in. Have 5 kids, so it’s been like moving a small army. Plus we sold almost all our furniture, so we’re re-acquiring. Came from Fredericksburg, TX, area known as Hill Country. We love the weather here, so far. Better than 98+ for 3 months

There are some rocks south of you, well 900 miles to the south. 😉

Reactions: ac_
MOAB tee minus 34 days and counting......just saying! 🤠