Laundry looks great. Back to the Jeep…you have to have a short to ground somewhere. That’s the only thing that would be heating up that fuse enough to melt it like that.

Blaine’s comments about fuse quality I think were more directed at that fact that it’s not interrupting the circuit like it’s supposed to. To me, that means is a BIG short, and it’s melting the contacts together.

Do you have a clamp that measures DC current for your multimeter? Probably doesn’t matter, since a short that big should be easy to find…think screw through a wire scenario.

Unfortunately, you’ll probably have to pull the dash apart again to find it

I found it and it’s corrected. It was big and it was dumb of me to forget I had left some bare connectors under the hood. 🙄 There was another thread on the issue and I forgot to update here. I’m just glad everything works. I’m sending the PCM off next week to get Mark’s new tune. Interested to see what changes. I wheeled last weekend and the temps stayed at 209* for a long time. Those temps are ok. Ambient temps will get hotter though, so I’m pretty sure I’m going to forge ahead and install the Setrab.

Last edited:
I found it and it’s corrected. It was big and it was dumb of me to forget I had left some bare connectors under the hood. 🙄 There was another thread on the issue and I forgot to update here. I’m just glad everything works. I’m sending the PCM off next week to get Mark’s new tune. Interested to see what changes. I wheeled last weekend and the temps stayed at 209* for a long time. Those temps are ok. Ambient temps will get hotter though, so I’m pretty sure I’m going to forge ahead and install the Setrab.

At least it was an easy fix!

The sink was 16 gauge stainless and didn’t have a hole for a soap dispenser. Found one in brushed nickel for $10, just needed to drill the hole. That was the biggest PIMA ever. I didn’t realize stainless Harden’s as it heats up. After 5 hours of making minuscule progress I discovered slug knocker and borrowed from a friend who has everything. I broke his 3/8” drift bit, but it finally worked. 16 gauge is pretty thick. I bought my buddy a new drift. Now the 1” hole cost about $75. 😳 But I got a soap dispenser. 🙂

View attachment 521571

View attachment 521572

As you found out,you want low speed and lots of lube to keep stainless cool. Cobalt or other stainless specific bits are useful. My cobalt bits only get used on stainless

Half doors really make a TJ. The lines are dreamy.

IMG_3384.jpeg

Looks awesome, Jeremy. And the doors seem to have survived the winter in good shape!

Oh yeah, and I feel safe putting the doors almost anywhere in the cases you sewed. They literally sat in a hallway under the coat rack for most of the winter. 🤣 Not sure the wife liked that, but she didn’t say anything!

The doors latch great, and the XJ door trim moulding is working great for sealing around the door and not rattling at all. They’re great! Still a bit cold, but I’ve got a beanie, coat, seat heaters, and a heater!

Oh yeah, and I feel safe putting the doors almost anywhere in the cases you sewed. They literally sat in a hallway under the coat rack for most of the winter. 🤣 Not sure the wife liked that, but she didn’t say anything!

The doors latch great, and the XJ door trim moulding is working great for sealing around the door and not rattling at all. They’re great! Still a bit cold, but I’ve got a beanie, coat, seat heaters, and a heater!

I keep insulated coveralls in my jeep when the top comes down. Helps when i wait til dark to drive home

Jeremy, your rig has come a long way. Really nice!

Not nearly as quickly as yours Woodrow! Thank you! These rigs are so fun!

I keep insulated coveralls in my jeep when the top comes down. Helps when i wait til dark to drive home

Smart! I was looking at the Milwaukee jackets with battery-powered heaters, but they’re $$$. It’s all worth it for a few more weeks of top off!

• USA Proud
Reactions: Rickyd and Woodrow
Not nearly as quickly as yours Woodrow! Thank you! These rigs are so fun!

Smart! I was looking at the Milwaukee jackets with battery-powered heaters, but they’re $$$. It’s all worth it for a few more weeks of top off!

Sometimes i want to run a shop vac hose into my coveralls from my heater. That would be toasty!

• Haha
Reactions: JMT