I have acquired the 91 XJ. 217,000 miles. This is a pretty cool rig.

Color scheme is chic.

Tires are brand new.

Coffee creamer lid as gas cap.

Jounce bumpers are totally deteriorated.

Hydraulic tailgate supports are toast.

Transmission is an AX-15, 5-speed. Fluid changed to Redline MTL.

Diff fluid changed.

Father in law cleaned the inside all up, I bought a gas cap, new wipers, extra key.

Tomorrow I’llcheck the air filter. 2500 miles since the last oilchange. She runs good!

8C7BC804-7399-4682-A1CC-7A5C3A68C66C.jpeg
B8F50A39-0889-4D52-9C6E-936FC8046D11.jpeg
3746BCFC-A9DD-4228-8661-892615021C0C.jpeg
3CDFA42F-5B93-469F-9320-8331E8D3086A.jpeg

Last edited:
I have acquired the 91 XJ. This is a pretty cool rig. Color scheme is chic.

coffee creamer lid as gas cap
Transmission is an AX-15.l 5-speed. Fluid changed to Redline MTL. Diff fluid changed.

Father in law cleaned the inside all up, I bought a gas cap, new wipers, extra key.

Tomorrow I’llcheck the air filter. 2500 miles since the last oilchange. She runs good!

View attachment 144775View attachment 144776View attachment 144777View attachment 144778
A 2 door nice.

Reactions: JMT
I have acquired the 91 XJ. 217,000 miles. This is a pretty cool rig.

Color scheme is chic.

Tires are brand new.

Coffee creamer lid as gas cap.

Jounce bumpers are totally deteriorated.

Hydraulic tailgate supports are toast.

Transmission is an AX-15, 5-speed. Fluid changed to Redline MTL.

Diff fluid changed.

View attachment 144775View attachment 144776View attachment 144777View attachment 144778
Wow 😍 That’s really nice. If I could find a clean XJ here in Oregon I would pull the trigger. It has crossed my mind to do a TJR swap into an XJ just because the platform fits my needs more.

Frame>Uni Body
Thats what the LJ is for, more room.
And people wonder why Jeep designed and released a four door.
Don’t get me wrong, I prefer a frame. But a $1000 XJ that I could pick up tomorrow is cheaper than any LJ I’ve seen ;) I’m so used to sleeping in the back of my truck or subi that I forget I don’t have the room in the TJ.

Wow 😍 That’s really nice. If I could find a clean XJ here in Oregon I would pull the trigger. It has crossed my mind to do a TJR swap into an XJ just because the platform fits my needs more.
What exactly does this swap look like? Are you talking axles only? Changing the suspension? Engine?

What exactly does this swap look like? Are you talking axles only? Changing the suspension? Engine?
Probably just the front axle and t case. The rear axle is pretty stout in an XJ, and it would be a lot of work to convert the link suspension to leafs.

The front axle will bolt right in.

That's a pretty nice Cherokee you got, manual to boot!

Probably just the front axle and t case. The rear axle is pretty stout in an XJ, and it would be a lot of work to convert the link suspension to leafs.

The front axle will bolt right in.

That's a pretty nice Cherokee you got, manual to boot!
I’m making my way home with the XJ. I am in northwest corner of Texas and hope to make it to Pueblo Colorado tonight. Then I only have about 19 hours of driving to go! It’s got an oil leak, probably the CCV valve or the RMS. The thermostat is not working so I picked another one up and have to put that in sometime

I did not see this. I thought I was coming up and over onto level ground. Doesn’t look half as bad as it was. My wife freaked out, climbed out on my side and immediately consoled herself by videoing and talking herself through it. She’s an absolute character. 🤣

I did not see this. I thought I was coming up and over onto level ground. Doesn’t look half as bad as it was. My wife freaked out, climbed out on my side and immediately consoled herself by videoing and talking herself through it. She’s an absolute character. 🤣

Nobody ever said Dad never had any...........

Guts.
😂 😂

This is gold!
She was hilarious. I was laughing so hard.

Loved when you were through the obstacle at the end and just rested your elbow on the interior door panel like it was just another day at the office.

You really should have been wearing that seatbelt.

And now an argument for an Atlas which will allow you to front dig. Which would have helped you get off from that hill once you get down in that cut.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01

#tjvslj. One of the few times in a man's life he appreciates not having extra length. I love the nope, nope, nopes and whoop, whoop, whoops.

Woah! NO! Woah! NO! LOL.

Looked sketchy there for a bit. Did the sand just give way under the downhill side? I wish I had a vid of my near roll (well, I think it was a near roll). Sure felt like it from the drivers seat!

That could have ended not so well, but you played it smart and got thru it. Was your belly hung up on that tree root?