Looks great! Now we just gotta work on your crawl ratio so you’re not jumping from rock to rock.
What can I do? I’m at 56:1 now. 488 gears doesn’t help much, a 4:1 TCase or Atlas! Can’t do a rubicrawler w my 6speed. 😞

I was wondering if anyone else drove over the rocks. I started laughing at the person in the back with driver side tire on a small rock.

I also didn't know what your spotter was wanting you to do.

Cool little clip!
That guy was the cameraman for all the posers. His hand and verbal signals were horrible. Left and right. We were both outside the Jeep staring at it at one point (bc I don’t trust him), and I said, what do you mean left? He said, from the drivers perspective. 🙄 can’t you just say driver and passenger?! Geez

I just thought that was how Texans did it...... Figured it was a new style.
I didn’t know what that guy was saying. There was no clear path and the spotter was a dope. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: b0xcar
I didn’t know what that guy was saying. There was no clear path and the spotter was a dope. 🙄

Sorry can't blame BAD driving on the spotter.... :p

Just flippin you a little crap.... Yes a good spotter is good to have and hard to find. And yes he was an idiot.

We could make it 82:1, I have a 4:1Tera-Low 231 in my shop taking up space you could have if you want to work out shipping. It would be a straight up bolt in with no mods to your current setup. We need to develop a Forum Pony Express so we could ship things amongst ourselves from forum member to forum member. I could bring it to TJ Fest if you wanna do a beer and busted knuckle night while we’re there.😉

We could make it 82:1, I have a 4:1Tera-Low 231 in my shop taking up space you could have if you want to work out shipping. It would be a straight up bolt in with no mods to your current setup. We need to develop a Forum Pony Express so we could ship things amongst ourselves from forum member to forum member. I could bring it to TJ Fest if you wanna do a beer and busted knuckle night while we’re there.😉
@JMT jump on this. Just keep the rpms low while in 4 low and it will last a long time.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Absolutely, would love. Would owe you big time! I’ll PM you to work out the details.

Absolutely, would love. Would owe you big time! I’ll PM you to work out the details.

The TeraLow 4:1 got some bad rep because people didn't follow the directions about not over reving the engine when in low range.
I had one in my TJ behind my 4 cyl for about 2 years before I swapped it out. And then it went into a friends YJ with a 4 cyl and she is still driving it. Download the directions and follow them and IMO you won't have any issues. And you'll LOVE the low range for everything but mud and snow. Just remember to put it in high range for those situations. I had 4.88 gears in my TJ but I was also running 35" tires. And I'll be honest I think I over rev'd it a few times myself.

How to Install Teraflex Low 231 HD Transfer Case-23 Spline Short Input on your 1997-2006 Wrangler | ExtremeTerrain

J13123_Guide.pdf (extremeterrain.com)

Do not exceed 2500-3000 RPM for sustained periods of time when using the Low231 in low range. Avoid high engine speeds when using the Low231 in low range in 4th or 5th gear with manual transmissions or with high gear automatics. This is common when driving in snow, mud, or sand. Because the gears are turning 50% faster and with the high gear ratio, it is possible for input speeds to reach 6500 RPM and cause damage to the transfer case. We recommend using a lower gear in high-range for higher speeds rather than running the Low231 at extreme RPM’s.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
Oh boy! Sounds like the little Wrangler X is moving up to big boy territory and becoming a Rubi-Not!

Seriously though, you'll love the 4:1. It's pretty amazing... Until you get stuck in the mud.

To be honest I never had any issues with it in the mud either. You just need to watch your RPM's and don't spin it up past 2500-3000 much. I know I loved it with my 4 popper.

Now my STaK's is a whole other animal.

To be honest I never had any issues with it in the mud either. You just need to watch your RPM's and don't spin it up past 2500-3000 much. I know I loved it with my 4 popper.

Now my STaK's is a whole other animal.
therein lies the problem. Wheelspeed is king in Mud, and if you have to limit your RPM's, that is an issue. I've tried high range in mud, and the snotty, sticky, clay based mud we have here will burn up a clutch in a HURRY...if you stop. If you hammer through, its no issue at all! lol

A lot of times, there isn't a bottom either...you just keep digging until your on the frame.