'06 Impact Orange LJR Build

My fix for this issue was to simply tighten the snot out of it. Sure enough it eventually complied.
20170603_134038.jpg

I didn't get any measurements for how much clearance I gained over the stock shovel nor did I get any good pictures showing how things look now that out is all installed. I'll definitely get some tomorrow.

Next up was my attempt to install the Currie Antirock. I had sprayed some penetrating oil on my front bumper bolts earlier. I was able to break free the top 4 bolts which are kind of a pain as they are tucked under the opening for the winch. Then I found that my biggest torx was only a T50 and that was also the biggest the base auto skills shop I was at had. So I ran to a Carquest that was near by an the only T55 they had was 3/8" drive. He did say if it didn't work i could bring it back. Well I was able to break free the driver's side with a breaker bar, but that 3/8 drive T55 gave up the ghost and shattered on the passenger side. So I snugged up a few of the bolts and took up the Carquest guys offer and got my money back. Still no Antirock installed. Gotta either find a 1/2" drive impact version T55 or order one.

Reactions: JMT
So, with that engine skid, can you change oil without taking it off?
Nope. Gotta drop it. But, it is easy to get to all the hardware and should be pretty quick. I'll post up in 5000 miles how it goes in reality. Almost every car nowadays has a splash shield or belly pan that you have to remove.

Reactions: Mike_H
Got the final package of parts for my Savvy/Currie lift and thought it was interesting to see these when I opened the box.
View attachment 16600
Not that it's a big deal, I mean they are extended links and not some specialized part.

Yeah, they aren't going to bother building their own, when all it is a sway bar end link. There's not really anything that can be done to enhance that part, so I see why they've done it. Hell, on my Currie lift I am using Rough Country sway bar end links, and they look identical to those.

Well it has definitely been awhile since my last update. Let's just say I've been hoarding parts and trying to find time to work on the Jeep. I was going to take a bunch of photos of my Savvy/Currie 4" lift install but... I just wanted to get things done so said fu#% it. I will say that there are a number of things that people never seem to mention taking as much time as they do. For instance, drilling and tapping for the front lower bump stops... what a beiotch that was lol. Also, even though I soaked them with PB blaster then Kroil ahead of time, I busted off 3 outta 4 upper rear shock bolts...

Things I got installed over the course of two rather leisurely days
FR & RR upper and lower Savvy control arms
4" Savvy springs
FR & RR Currie bump stop kits
FR Currie TJS Track Bar
RR Currie Track Bar and Bracket
Front Currie Al Antirock (Had to pull my front bumper)

I did the front end first and it was comical driving out of the shop to a nearby parking lot with the front end in the air. Didn't take any pictures, but trust me I got a few funny looks.

Reactions: Rob5589
Another week went by and during that time I got my shocks ordered Bilstein 5100s (Thanks to Kolak over on JF for a great price!) Also ordered some Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers. Then this last Wednesday I got in the shop and mounted up my 285/75-16 Falken Wildpeak MT01 tires (that had been sitting in my basement for the last 5 months!), got the wheel spacers installed and finally got some proper rubber on the Jeep!

Jeep Lifted New Falken 33s.jpg
Jeep Lifted New Falken 33s_2.jpg

Funny enough I didn't notice till after looking at the pictures that after a week I ended up parked in the same space in the same position and snapped the photos from almost the same angle for the before and after on the tires :)

Things left to do:
Cut off busted rear shock bolts/nuts
Clearance front coil/shock perches for the lower control arms.
Clearance rear coil bucket for shock clearance if needed.
Install Bilstein 5100s with new hardware in rear
Check FR & RR axles for square
Center FR & RR axles
Adjust FR & RR pinion angles
Measure for rear driveshaft
FR Alignment and center steering wheel
Check torque on everything
Drive the beast home finally!!

You went all out with Currie, looks good!
Believe me I looked a ton of options out there over the years. Maybe the only alternative was the Duroflex joints from Metalcloak but I like the all forged ends you get through Savvy/Currie. When the JJs need replacing I'll look at the Duroflex rebuild kits for the JJs. When you look at the prices for a full kit from Savvy they seem expensive at first until you try and piece a lift together, then the whole package they have, especially if you are thinking about an antirock, is actually a great deal.