06 TJ Build

How do I find out which offset I need? I know I need 15" wheels, with a 5x4.5 lug pattern. But I know nothing about offset.
If you plan to run larger than stock tires I would do the 3.75 off set. That is what I have on Stinger to get the 315s to clear everything. But it just depends on what size tire.

Last edited:
Okay, got everything installed yesterday.
568e84b5e48368ef7ad927c6499b0a40.jpg

5a3b2dc7ef3359d35a3998b84e6b831a.jpg

3aa879f3f8cdaffd5cc9e3dd42a91298.jpg

ddeff8e33835596574a61c9e07ff36a7.jpg

3850a827b60364d9c260cac7ae0930ef.jpg

9fd41db9cf5cb19afdb60b56edf6b539.jpg

Now that everything is installed I have a good reason to get an adjustable track bar for the front and rear. The back axle is off towards the passenger side ~1.5" and the front ~1". Probably going to order metalcloak track bars tonight.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looks great! I would definitely get some track bars as well. I prefer the Currie ones, but I am undoubtedly biased.

Reactions: joshself
Looks great! I would definitely get some track bars as well. I prefer the Currie ones, but I am undoubtedly biased.
I actually ordered a JKS front track bar and a metalcloak rear track bar. They ended up having better warranties than some of the more expensive ones, and cover offroad abuse. Also, I managed to get a heavy duty tie rod on sale that is 1.5" thick. I'd love currie products one day. The JKS track bars have currie ends I beleive if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure if the JKS uses Johnny Joints or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Currie is ungodly expensive, I know. It's some real nice stuff though.

JKS and Metalcloak are great though, you'll be good!

I'm not sure if the JKS uses Johnny Joints or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Currie is ungodly expensive, I know. It's some real nice stuff though.

JKS and Metalcloak are great though, you'll be good!
I hope so. I'll be 45 minutes from the Slade offroad trails In Kentucky at the end of the summer, so I'm trying to beef some things up before hand while being reasonable.

I hear you. Is that a lot of rocky terrain or is it mostly mud / sand?
I've heard both mud and rocks from good friends and members of the jeep club I'm in. I prefer straight up trail riding with some challenges. Not a big mud hole person since I do the work on my jeep and dirt falls all over when working. I know for a fact there are caves and lots of rocky areas as well. If you look up videos there's quite a few rollovers and flops.

Reactions: Chris
Two of the three new parts that will be put on. JKS adjustable front track bar and iron rock offroad tie rod. Still waiting on the rear track bar to arive.
uploadfromtaptalk1460907125900.jpg

I'm starting to plan out one of my next modifications. Hopefully I can complete it for under $50. I am planning on rerouting the air intake into the cowl or off of the passenger side cowl as a Humvee style snorkel. To do this I will probably use a buick airbox or windstar airbox. After the stock airbox is removed I'll have a spot to add my future air compressor.

You and me both man... Kids doesn't make it easier.
I'm glad I won't have to worry about that for a while. I'm 18 and getting ready to go to college soon, but I want to get my jeep to a good point to pause the build. It's nice being able to have 3 jobs that go towards the jeep and saving for college. Lol. Luckily I install everything myself and have networked well enough to use friends shops when they have some open days for me to borrow tools. it's getting somewhere

Not a bad place to be, I remember fondly being that age, and part of me misses it! Seems like there was so much less to worry about back then, and not nearly as many responsibilities.

Looks like I need to get some tools I am missing before installing the track bars and tie rod. I need to purchase a pickle fork (it will be good to have) and it looks like the only drill bit I don't have, and need, is a 9/16 drill bit. So looks like I have an excuse for more tools as well