06 TJ Build

I made a debris guard today with some spare metal. When I took out the rear fender liners there were exposed wires and such that I wanted to be protected.
9919217282192a1f021bbbce64156e20.jpg

ba3e4246a4dc83765eaa9d36023d40a7.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
New bumper is bolted on, but not frame tied yet so I can't tow or recover yet.
Compressor is also mounted

80d68332e96fe7728dc5b24aa206631a.jpg

cff7e52596d28c069510f78fcfd7d270.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Is it absolutely required to have frame tie ins?

I bought one of Dirtworx's original bumpers (looks like yours but was 10 years ago when he was on ebay) and bolted it up on my 2k TJ that I had at that time. I yanked, towed, and got yanked with that bumper for years and it never flinched. They didn't have frame tie ins for TJ's back then or at least I never saw them mentioned on the forums.

Reactions: joshself
Is it absolutely required to have frame tie ins?

I bought one of Dirtworx's original bumpers (looks like yours but was 10 years ago when he was on ebay) and bolted it up on my 2k TJ that I had at that time. I yanked, towed, and got yanked with that bumper for years and it never flinched. They didn't have frame tie ins for TJ's back then or at least I never saw them mentioned on the forums.
I've been told it will keep my frame from bending in undesirable ways when recovering or towing. I could do so now, but I'd rather not have the adverse effects on the frame in the long run.

Well since my spare doesn't fit with the new bumper I added a vent cover. Hopefully soon I'll fab something up so I can mount my last small light bar there since my reverse lights no longer fit my new bumper.
Also, I finally got around to organizing my accessory fuse block and changing out the leads to 4awg so the block can handle the air compressor. I left the breaker at a 100a capacity though.
4e8903f84778e92984ac72d7e2646136.jpg

Reactions: Chris
That air compressor sure looks nice under the hood!
Thanks! It fit perfectly there and was close to being perfectly level. I had to get rid of my PA horn, but hey that thing was only for messing with people- this is practical.
I'm running the air filter for it into the cowl to keep it dry and clean and then the supply line to the tank will run under the center console to the back.

Well the build is going to take a break until winter break since I won't have time or the space for a while since I'll be at college.
I have been wheeling though off and on in between finishing some projects. I did add some new reverse lights with my new rear bumper since my old ones no longer fit.
029ae1a7f9ba5b431f1f3c15edb9327f.jpg

54cc7a8aab9e71395b25a3a213bee500.jpg

db09c574c34a0cb870a563db5b0e7e85.jpg

ed883a13a6efd2975d3b441c56c20ac1.jpg

My doors on my 06 are stuck also, I was going to remove to doors and hinges and then invert the door and pound the hinge out. Do you think this would work?

My doors on my 06 are stuck also, I was going to remove to doors and hinges and then invert the door and pound the hinge out. Do you think this would work?
I would not recommend removing the hinge at all. The torx heads are known to strip out and could cause some trouble for you.
Here's what I did when mine were stuck:
Get a piece of wood, towel, and a jack. You wrap the wood (used a 4x4) in the towel to not scratch the paint, put the wood on the jack and SLOWLY raise the jack under the door- close to the hinge side. This was what I did. Be careful to do it slow incase the door shoots off. It may take some wiggling as well and mine lifted the whole jeep.
Another tip: do not put pressure on the lip of the door, only the wide, flatter part.

Reactions: Stinger
I bought my 06 TJ about a year and a half ago and it has progressed from then. It's a 6 cylinder 4.0l with a 6 spd transmission. I've done what I can with it whenever I have time, so most of the pictures I'll add are past projects and mods and they'll eventually become present.
Picture when I bought it from the PO:
View attachment 3484

Currently:
View attachment 3485

Can you tell me what motorcycle mirrors fit the door hinge holes?