1.25” body lift issue

Mardebo

I have a 2006 Rubicon TJ. I just ordered the DPG ultimate TJ lift. 2.25 OME suspension and a 1.25 JKS body lift. I don't have the time to do the installation myself so I've contacted a few places about installing all components. I've talked to four different places and every single place said they will not touch the body lift. I spoke with one shop, who specialize in off-road lift kits and specifically jeeps. He went as far as to say he immediately throws the body lift components in the trash and hasn't Installed one for several years because over the long term they cause many other fit and longevity issues.
Reading through all these forums the DPG kit comes highly recommended and the body lift seems to be pretty popular. So I'm wondering why no one wants anything to do with installing these or the negative thoughts by the off-road guy?

I run the same set-up, a body lift provides several advantages, including the space needed to fit 33s with that lift and providing future room if you ever want to go down the tummy tuck route. As long as it's paired with a MML, it shouldn't create any issues.

Some folks will push away from JKS and towards an aluminum set but my JKS set works well.

It's a straight forward install as long as all the bolts come out easy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

7523697D-5BFA-4117-A3FE-E341628ECCC8.jpeg
I have a 2006 Rubicon TJ. I just ordered the DPG ultimate TJ lift. 2.25 OME suspension and a 1.25 JKS body lift. I don't have the time to do the installation myself so I've contacted a few places about installing all components. I've talked to four different places and every single place said they will not touch the body lift. I spoke with one shop, who specialize in off-road lift kits and specifically jeeps. He went as far as to say he immediately throws the body lift components in the trash and hasn't Installed one for several years because over the long term they cause many other fit and longevity issues.
Reading through all these forums the DPG kit comes highly recommended and the body lift seems to be pretty popular. So I'm wondering why no one wants anything to do with installing these or the negative thoughts by the off-road guy?
7523697D-5BFA-4117-A3FE-E341628ECCC8.jpeg
Body lift is a good idea if your wanting to add 33s or 35s. Aesthetically it’s not my favorite mod on my jeep, but the crack will grow on you haha. I havent heard of anything bad happening because of a body lift. Those shops prolly only know how to do budget boost kits.

The only negatives to a body lift are they are not great visually (IMO) and they can cause some linkage issues that are all easy to work through.

Like they^ said I think a BL is good to get you up another inch or so, I think a 1-1.25 BL is great anything past that imo would look a little funny but I’m not sure why the shops are telling you that. Possibly because its more likely to cause problems on their other vehicles with their experience but I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the Jeep BL’s? Its a pretty straight forward install and jump to add to the vehicle if it’s done right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't know what they are talking about. I'd steer clear. As @mrblaine said, a body lift is one of the simplest and best mods you can do for your Jeep. It is also very modest in cost. I do prefer the aluminum Savvy BL, simply because it won't compress like a poly BL puck will. Quadratec tried to steer me away from a BL too, even though they sell them. But if you have any possible inkling of doing a TT later, you need a BL. Pairing it with a 1" MML is a good idea. I don't see any negatives to a BL. I have had no issues. All it does is lift the tub off the frame 1.25" (in your case). It doesn't change the way the Jeep drives. It doesn't cause any change in driveline angles. It doesn't change the shock length (though you can change the shock to get a greater amount of travel). It gives room for bigger tires, allows more room to get to the fuel filler neck if needed, gives more room on the rear for a larger spare, allows for less bumpstop and prepares the way for a TT. What's the problem? I'd ask them what they think the problem is, since they have so much wisdom! And yeah, once you go past 1.25", they are unsightly, but a small BL is a great idea IMHO.

Probably a liability thing.

To the OP, my body lift install was just over an hour. They are not hard to do.

Body lifts are incredibly easy to install. I'd never go over 1.25", but I think they are something any lifted TJ should have. It helps to reduce the amount of bump stop necessary when lifting your Jeep and adding bigger tires, and it also paves the way for a belly-up skid plate (tummy tuck) in the future.

Over 1.25" is when they start to look stupid and may or may not even be dangerous (I'm thinking a 3" body lift might not be that safe).

Yesterday I saw a beautiful rubicon TJ and had the metal cloak fenders and 33 muds, then I went up close and saw what coulda sworn been like a 2-2.5 BL and it still looked great wasn’t that much of a big deal but that was just a little too much there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the same DPG install and added the Brown Dog motor mounts as an upgrade. No issues so far...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wonder if it is because they would make more money selling biger lifts. As we all know bigger lift bigger money.

IE 2.5" OME lift with a 1.25" body lift. 1" MML. Easy 33" tires no expense mods needed.

4" lift "needs" a SYE adjustable control arms. New drive shaft. Ect.ect.

Bumping an old thread.
When adding a BL, changing the motor mounts is a good idea, but has anyone had the need to change the tranny mount too?

Bumping an old thread.
When adding a BL, changing the motor mounts is a good idea, but has anyone had the need to change the tranny mount too?

You don't need to unless the OE has failed. If you do replace, try to get a MOPAR mount. Stay away from poly urethane at all costs.

Reactions: Az_LJ and CodaMan
I can't stress just how easy a body lift is to install. I know you might not have the time, but it really is incredibly simple. If I were close to you I'd do it for you for free, in your garage, and have it done in probably less than an hour.

Although an old thread, I would guess the shop steered clear of the body lift because of all the little things that may need addressed afterwards. Such as transfer case linkage, fan shroud, broken bolts, etc. A client that takes his jeep to a shop may not be able to sort out those things that show up later after the job is done. Which means the client keeps coming back for extra (free) work. Too much customization time and adjustments to make it all look and perform like stock.

I am going to be doing a Savvy body lift. What is the best way to remove the rubber snubbers under the grill? I am debating if I should just order new ones. I was watching a video and the guy ended up ripping the tip off of one of the snubbers trying to get it out. I assume that you connect the Savvy puck to the grill and then reuse the snubber between the frame and the Savvy puck, true?
Thanks,
Lou