1997 "beater bomb"

We'll find out! I drive this thing a lot on-road and long highway trips, so I plan on giving a really good short term and long term review of how they handle both on-road and off-road, as well as any potential NVH increase, etc.
I wouldn't run hiems on a DD. Good call on the JJs

I wouldn't run hiems on a DD. Good call on the JJs

Yeah, ours isn't a DD, but it sees enough road use that hiems would be too extreme.

The JJs just compliment everything else since everything I have on it so far is all Currie stuff.

Reactions: mouth
43f4dcaac25834a97ea5bb4b5d19b685.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Picked up axles from sand blasting, had him go ahead and fix the hole I knocked in the housing
c04054f796b6e2a42f98f31396313eb7.jpg

My spool came in, also the mounts from tnt customs , well somehow I ordered "big tube " mounts and not small tube. So brackets don't fit. Have to make a phone call today.

Looking good, this all seems to be happening fast (faster than I'd make it happen I mean). It's going to look really good when it's done.

Looking good, this all seems to be happening fast (faster than I'd make it happen I mean). It's going to look really good when it's done.
Got I got a hiccup, opened the TNT box and wanted to see how the mounts fit. Not at all. So after double checking the order I purchased mounts for 3.25 axle tubes, not 3.0". So they don't fit at all.

TNT said no problem to exchange, but I don't want to wait another week.
Hoping to find a piece of 3.25 OD tubing and just "clam shell " the axle to make up the difference.

Ordering from my phone has cost me so much time and headache at times.

Got I got a hiccup, opened the TNT box and wanted to see how the mounts fit. Not at all. So after double checking the order I purchased mounts for 3.25 axle tubes, not 3.0". So they don't fit at all.

TNT said no problem to exchange, but I don't want to wait another week.
Hoping to find a piece of 3.25 OD tubing and just "clam shell " the axle to make up the difference.

Ordering from my phone has cost me so much time and headache at times.

I hear ya... This is why I try to use my desktop computer for larger orders. Always easier on a bigger screen.

I get no computer time. It's all phone and go go go.

If it wasn't for the fact I work from home, I wouldn't either. We've got a 3 year old daughter and another daughter on the way... So needless to say it never ends!

If it wasn't for the fact I work from home, I wouldn't either. We've got a 3 year old daughter and another daughter on the way... So needless to say it never ends!
You'll have even less time now. But they are all Worth it.

Yep, I figure I won't get my life back until they're teenagers, but it's definitely been worth it in every way.

My issues
dafcd3c8ab4bcab6ee7beb526be5ba89.jpg
were gonna trying to replate it and notch it to fit correctly. I thought the tube were 3". I failed to see that's is only on snow plow trucks and f250 with Dana 44.

That would be a fix. How much is it to just get new brackets that actually fit?
Paying freight to ship the wrong ones back and then pay for shipping of new stuff. Shipping was $30 from their Utah location. So I'll guess another $60
And another week of down time

Paying freight to ship the wrong ones back and then pay for shipping of new stuff. Shipping was $30 from their Utah location. So I'll guess another $60
And another week of down time

I've had this happen to me numerous times. That's why always try and buy stuff from Amazon because if they mess up and ship you the wrong thing, I'll send you a new one overnight delivery for free without even having to return the original item.

I went ahead and sent back my TNT products. Was less than impressed with the parts (even though they were wrong ).

Oh yeah? What didn't you like about them? I've never used their stuff before.