2" seat risers changed my world

Glad to hear. Im 6'0, 150 lbs and my seats were blown out from the PO, I bought 1.5" seat risers from BPM, they really do make a difference.

How do you guys see stoplights with the seat risers? I understand the early TJ seats are already taller than the later models, but I have difficulty seeing stoplights in my stock seating position unless the intersection is very wide. And don't get me started on the lights that hang from wires across the middle of the intersection, or even worse, when the lights are on the close side of the intersection for some inane reason.

Maybe I should just get over it and take the top down year-round, and look over the windshield instead of through :LOL:

Last edited:
How do you guys see stoplights with the seat risers? I understand the early TJ seats are already taller than the later models, but I have difficulty seeing stoplights unless the intersection is very wide. And don't get me started on the lights that hang from wires across the middle of the intersection, or even worse, when the lights are on the close side of the intersection for some inane reason.

Maybe I should just get over it and take the top down year-round, and look over the windshield instead
How do you guys see stoplights with the seat risers? I understand the early TJ seats are already taller than the later models, but I have difficulty seeing stoplights unless the intersection is very wide. And don't get me started on the lights that hang from wires across the middle of the intersection, or even worse, when the lights are on the close side of the intersection for some inane reason.

Maybe I should just get over it and take the top down year-round, and look over the windshield instead of through :LOL:
In my daughters 98 TJ the seat height is fine for me, but in my 06 the seats are lower and it was driving me crazy

You need to ask yourself... is 2" enuf?

BOOST.jpg

I've got suspension seats, and the bottom of the seat is too close to the bottom of the steering wheel...anything I can do other than cutting and welding the stock tilt and tumble brackets to to lower my seats?

I made my own seat risers with blocks of wood, I have enjoyed it for the last few years but after recently re-evaluating the lack of safety if I were to be in a car accident, I plan to take them out soon.

I went with the 1.5" kit from Buchanon Precision Machine and it definitely changes the feel of the jeep for the better. One thing I miss about my YJ was how it felt like you were sitting on top of it, versus down inside of it and this improved that

You guys that have seat risers, when you flip the passenger seat forward, does the head-rest part of the seat hit the windshield? I've read horror stories about the seat shattering the windshield if you're not careful.

What year did they change the seat height?
Somewhere around 2003 IIRC. They lowered the seats to better align occupants with the air bags which sounds like a lot of hooey to me but I don't know. I ended up with 1.5" spacers for just the driver's seat. I hated the seat height of my '04 the first time I sat in it after having had a 97 TJ previously.

Reactions: Reign Mack