2" seat risers changed my world

I installed some pre-2004 TJ Seats into my 2006 TJ Wrangler, I'm 6'5" and I can't imagine being any taller in my TJ though the amount I can see over the hood and fenders is much better as well.

You guys that have seat risers, when you flip the passenger seat forward, does the head-rest part of the seat hit the windshield? I've read horror stories about the seat shattering the windshield if you're not careful.
No, I haven’t

Did you lose any backseat leg/foot room? Are these just for later models or will they work on early models too?

Pretty sure you would lose legroom. My back seat is out so it doesn't affect me.
But if you have rear passengers just slide your seat forward. 💺

Reactions: WSS and Ron505
I second the Big Boy seat brackets. Huge difference in driver leg room. Much more comfortable for longer legs.

I got a seat cushion to try it out in my 06 and the higher seat position is much better, I can see the end of the hood for the first time and changing gear feels more natural, defiantly getting seat risers now.

I believe the seat riser installation claim, on Amazon, needs a disclaimer:

What they say:
INSTALLATION: Easy 'bolt-on' installation takes 20 - 30 minutes. No special tools are required.*

recommended disclaimer:
*rust-belt residents should have an ample supply of Torx sockets on hand, and plan on dedicating an entire weekend to complete this mod.