2002 commuter re-gear / build question

Revolution Gear is the best aftermarket gear brand. I'd get out of the Quadratec catalog, they're overpriced and their rep's technical chops are severely lacking.

And since I'm guessing you will have a shop install them I would have them provide all the parts. That way if anything goes wrong they will be responsible for it no matter what the problem is. If you provided the parts they would very likely blame them when it's actually usually the installer that caused the problem.

I think with my setup with a 5-inch lift and 35 tires automatic,4.88 or 5.13 will be the best since I do cross-county driving for the offroad/overland event, only problem is can't decide on the brand :unsure:

what do you guys think about this ?
https://thejeephut.com/jeep-tj-2003...-with-koyo-bearings-revolution-gear-and-axle/

I think with my setup with a 5-inch lift and 35 tires automatic,4.88 or 5.13 will be the best since I do cross-county driving for the offroad/overland event, only problem is can't decide on the brand :unsure:
With your 42RLE automatic don't even consider 4.88. That ratio will make your highway rpms too low keeping the engine on the verge of lugging and give you low mpg too. That's what my present TJ I bought used came with and it was terrible on the highway and its mpg was never better than 11 mpg. I regeared to 5.38 and it was MUCH better in all regards. My highway mpg even went up to 14.6. But 5.13 is the lowest ratio your front Dana 30 will accept so that'd be the best ratio you can install. And the reason such a low ratio like 5.13 or 5.38 is required for the 42RLE transmission is its stupid-steering .69 Overdrive ratio that drops the highway cruising rpms way too much. And 5.13 will barely be enough but it'd be a lot (!) better than 4.88.

Revolution Gear is the best aftermarket brand of gears at this point.

With your 42RLE automatic don't even consider 4.88. That ratio will make your highway rpms too low keeping the engine on the verge of lugging and give you low mpg too. That's what my present TJ I bought used came with and it was terrible on the highway and its mpg was never better than 11 mpg. I regeared to 5.38 and it was MUCH better in all regards. My highway mpg even went up to 14.6. But 5.13 is the lowest ratio your front Dana 30 will accept so that'd be the best ratio you can install. And the reason such a low ratio like 5.13 or 5.38 is required for the 42RLE transmission is its stupid-steering .69 Overdrive ratio that drops the highway cruising rpms way too much. And 5.13 will barely be enough but it'd be a lot (!) better than 4.88.

Revolution Gear is the best aftermarket brand of gears at this point.

thanks, Jerry I will get it ordered today I have the e-locker coming for the front and that will be a great setup I hope.