I love your work. I've done design, R&D, prototyping, and manufacturing more of my life than not. So I really appreciate seeing the progress and quality of your parts.

But I have an odd question :D

What made this impression? Looks like a groove knife like in the bottom right of my pic.

groove knife2.jpeg

camera006.jpg

That’s funny, I actually don’t know. I looked around to see what had that shape. I had a bunch of stuff on there before I took the picture. If I find what it was I’ll post it up!

Reactions: CMBD
The steering could be improved fosho. But......

I had a massive dead spot with the stock TJ steering and out of the variety of set ups I have driven/built the stock TJ has been the worst, or at least mine was. I added the ruff stuff "cure" and that helped. The Currie "correct" lynk is a wonderful product, and works very well with the stock TJ knukles. They are very short little guys, that's one of the reasons people have issues with the tie rod hitting the diff cover at full lock and start putting bends in places they shouldn't with dom steering set ups.

The angle of the track bar is less of an issues in my set up then length. Right now the drag link is few inches longer than my track bar creating the small amount of bump steer I have.

The Ford dana 44 knuckles are longer from the axle center line to the tie rod center line vs the TJ knuckle by around 1.5". My drag link is straight with no bends and there is no "roll" in the drag link due to the rod ends or the ford knuckles. This puts the tie rod further forward making more room for things like my diff cover and that great spot were the track bar and steering stabilizer connect to the axle. This distance can be a pita if not considered, axles very widely from model to model.

Moving the spring perch over the center of the axle pushes the axle too far forward for my set up. I am still playing with some things but front axle location is not one of them, as of now.

The track bar has been moved further out and forward on the frame side. I will post some pictures, skimmed a lot of that stuff in the initial post.

Way late to this thread. I really like your response here. Not defensive at all. Instead just a good explanation of your thought process👍
It seems your front bumpers have generated some interest. Do you have a fab shop/business now?

Reactions: John Cooper