I prefer no logo on anything if I have a choice. I’m interested also. It would be cool if you tapped a couple holes for mounting accessory lights to the block also.

• Wow
Reactions: MeanGreen86
Nice design. I’d never seen a similar style available when I started making mine. I like the larger ID radius, that is a change I have being implemented on my next run.

There are some really good designers in here so before the peanut gallery gets out of hand we need to take a step back and contemplate the oddity that is multiple folks coming up with very similar ideas without ever having seen stuff from anyone else.

When I did the very first Vanco Big Brake kits, pictures of them wound up on Jeeps Unlimited. In very short order I get contacted by a gent down under using the name GoJeep. He wanted to know why I was copying his brakes he was building in Australia using take off parts he had access to.

I explained that not only did I not know what he was doing, I'd never seen his stuff to be inspired by it. In short order I sent over dated email conversations with Van and a few bills from machine shops showing that what I was doing started before his stuff and he said he had not seen my stuff.

Both of us came up with very similar concepts without ever knowing what the other was doing.

Cole knows my story on the shackle mounts but I've never accused him of anything and won't because I know how it works. We just come up with similar ways to solve a problem once the problem is fairly well defined.

There are some really good designers in here so before the peanut gallery gets out of hand we need to take a step back and contemplate the oddity that is multiple folks coming up with very similar ideas without ever having seen stuff from anyone else.

When I did the very first Vanco Big Brake kits, pictures of them wound up on Jeeps Unlimited. In very short order I get contacted by a gent down under using the name GoJeep. He wanted to know why I was copying his brakes he was building in Australia using take off parts he had access to.

I explained that not only did I not know what he was doing, I'd never seen his stuff to be inspired by it. In short order I sent over dated email conversations with Van and a few bills from machine shops showing that what I was doing started before his stuff and he said he had not seen my stuff.

Both of us came up with very similar concepts without ever knowing what the other was doing.

Cole knows my story on the shackle mounts but I've never accused him of anything and won't because I know how it works. We just come up with similar ways to solve a problem once the problem is fairly well defined.

Gojeep (Marcus) seems like good people. I followed his 10 year Willys / Grand Cherokee build. The man can move metal.

Reactions: psrivats and Mike_H
I prefer no logo on anything if I have a choice. I’m interested also. It would be cool if you tapped a couple holes for mounting accessory lights to the block also.

Where would you like to see them, what size and thread pitch, and how many on each shackle mount? Would you also like a bottle opener incorporated and maybe a little platform to set your beer on?

Where would you like to see them, what size and thread pitch, and how many on each shackle mount? Would you also like a bottle opener incorporated and maybe a little platform to set your beer on?

That's called the ducking platform and it's designed to prevent damage to the A pillar gauges. Please keep your beers off it.

@Fluxor consider me a vote for no logo as well. My philosophy is that unless I'm being paid to display a logo I prefer not to.

Episode 14 Nbc GIF by One Chicago

• Haha
Reactions: PNW_LJ
What could be a worthwhile option is offering anodizing for a few more dollars.

For the looks and protection from abrasion is good idea.
Interesting fact about anodize is that it will hurt the part if it was repeatedly stressed (lots of cycles) as anodized finish helps the propagation of fatigue induced cracks. Likely in this application it won't matter.

Reactions: AirborneTexasRanger
I’ll only buy it if it has a Rough Country logo. 🤣

Another vote for no logo. I’ve still got one to weld up. Better to advertise by word of mouth. In fact, it’s part of what I would advertise. A small handy decal to hand out to any interested folks would be cool.

Last edited:

Another vote for no logo. I’ve still got one to weld up. Better to advertise by word of Mount. In fact, it’s part of what I would advertise. A small handy decal to hand out to any interested folks would be cool.

I'm a fan of stickers. But they will only go one place on the Jeep.
20240323_180449.jpg

Another vote for no logo. I’ve still got one to weld up. Better to advertise by word of Mount. In fact, it’s part of what I would advertise. A small handy decal to hand out to any interested folks would be cool.

Some places I've ordered from have tossed in t-shirts, hats, bottle openers, margarita mixers, BBQ rub...

Reactions: Fluxor
For the looks and protection from abrasion is good idea.
Interesting fact about anodize is that it will hurt the part if it was repeatedly stressed (lots of cycles) as anodized finish helps the propagation of fatigue induced cracks. Likely in this application it won't matter.
First, it won't be an issue but looks and protection from abrasion is not why they should be hard anodized. The main reason is to protect the smooth surface from corrosion and prevent the rough surface from abrading the fibers in the soft shackle.

Thanks dudes. No logo it is.

As long as you keep it small, somewhat inconspicuous and not glaringly "in your face", people that understand you won't mind. Most folks here are just burned out with the giant logos from companies that don't give a shit. I don't think you are in that category, and hopefully never will be.

It's not uncommon for talented folks to want to mark their work, both as a mark of quality and of craftsmanship. But the focus should be on the item itself and it's design language (be one of function and/or artistic expression) and not the logo. These days sadly branding has gotten to the point where it's really a competition of who can be the most conspicuous and "bold". Just look at the logos on car grilles 🤮

Perhaps see if you can find a way to incorporate your logo in a way that doesn't get that visceral "I wish this logo weren't there" reaction. It is easy to make a logo, it's hard to make a good logo and even harder still to incorporate one into a design that people will actually like and appreciate. Don't do a logo for the sake of doing it or because others do one, but do it because it adds to your work in a good way. There will a big difference 🙂

I hate most branding like others here, but there are a select few of them that I don't mind. I have a Hello Kitty sticker on my rear corner of the Jeep. I put it there intentionally and I like seeing that one. I don't mind the Koito logo on the headlamps. I don't mind the old school red Warn logo built into the control box of my returned m8000.

Last edited:
@Fluxor any updates on when you think you might start doing a few production runs for things like your bumpers and sliders, or at least a rough estimate of what they are gonna cost!?

Holy smokes this is amazing design and work! I’ll definitely be interested in all these products as well. With your aluminum hinges, do they need to be tied into anything like the cage or need aluminum armor to hold up to 35s?