2005 bright silver auto TJR

Respectfully speaking, sir, you've taken leave of your senses...that pretty much is Rubicon perfection, just as it sits...
I hear ya. I know I can get my money back and some for what I have in this highline kit. I’m gonna weigh the pros and cons of everything and see what happens. LCOG with 35s on this Rubicon would be perfection to me, but it’s gonna take some Benjamin’s to get there haha

Sheesh. Mine is pretty nice. I could sell it, buy a really nice winch, and have some $$ left over. I don't drive the wrangler in the winter anyway...so I use it for about a month on each side of my "wrangler season" Hmmm...Have to think on this one some more.

Sheesh. Mine is pretty nice. I could sell it, buy a really nice winch, and have some $$ left over. I don't drive the wrangler in the winter anyway...so I use it for about a month on each side of my "wrangler season" Hmmm...Have to think on this one some more.
Mine's just as nice as the one @Starrs just bought. While he's picking up a hard top to add to his twill top, I've seriously considered selling both my tops to finance a twill top purchase, plus a couple of other items. A hard top is not really necessary in NM, just handy for security when it's on.

Ugh if something seems to good to be true and is described as mint or excellent it may be to them but not to a perfectionist. I repeatedly asked this guy if he could send me closeups of any scratches or gouges in the top...I get it it’s 14 yrs old it’s prolly gonna be a little beat up. He kept telling me it’s pefect. Never really used it. I run a soft top year round it just sits in the garage yada yada yada. Walked up on it from 10 ft away it looked gorgeous...then I got to the back pretty decent scratch down the left side he thought was bird poop so he didn’t tell me about it lol. Then on the corners on the bottom all the paint was rubbed away. We test for it on my jeep just to see, and it took some serious adjusting to get it to sit just right. I told the guy thanks for an honest description and my gf and I took off and went to meet her sister for dinner since she lives in Louisville anyway. I would have had to have it repainted and it would sit right felt loose for some reason. I will say this. Hard top may be quieter, but screw taking that off and on the whole time hahaa. I’ll stick with my black twill any day of the week over the hard top now that I physically handled the tj hard top. The Jk top wasn’t as bad because you could take the freedom panels out and didn’t seem as awkward to handle. Black twill still my fav hands down. Rant over lol

Yeah, the hardtop should fit like a glove. Sometimes folks store them in weird ways, and they'll warp and get out of shape. When I hang mine, I be sure to support the bottom so the straps aren't constantly pulling the top out of shape. The biggest advantage I've found with a hardtop, other than queiter and more secure, is the ease of getting in the back. When I have the dogs with me, it's easier to load/unload them.

@billiebob if you had another set of highline flares what would you do to coat them if they had scratches on them? Is Bedliner the way to go or is there another coating product that would be better?
You may want to contact Johnathan (call, dont email) over at Davis Auto Sport and get him to do a quick turn around on your new investment. He has some of the nicest spray linings for the Wrangler flares. It’s similar to a bed liner but I dont think that is what he uses. All of his “armored” sprayed flares look better than OEM and dont look amateur at all. Note: Pics from his Jeeps on his site that had the coatings applied.
C3883E79-5082-4213-A0F2-7C64703F9148.jpeg
76E07B09-D570-4B6C-8711-F0EB4228B392.jpeg
589F306D-AA9B-4CB1-B143-946E38E1257A.jpeg
EDE194FD-CEA1-4605-A9C3-565B33B8CFB6.png
40F70926-F8EB-47F7-B608-8ACF673759FB.png
3771DC9C-7273-43B8-81FB-73FC4BB7C427.png
C9C2E992-A6D2-498F-B642-5BBABE88A3A4.png

Reactions: psrivats and Chris
You may want to contact Johnathan (call, dont email) over at Davis Auto Sport and get him to do a quick turn around on your new investment. He has some of the nicest spray linings for the Wrangler flares. It’s similar to a bed liner but I dont think that is what he uses. All of his “armored” sprayed flares look better than OEM and dont look amateur at all. Note: Pics from his Jeeps on his site that had the coatings applied.
View attachment 40190 View attachment 40191 View attachment 40192 View attachment 40193 View attachment 40194 View attachment 40195 View attachment 40196
He refers to it as his Kevlar package. It does look pretty good but I’m thinking sanded down and just back to factory finish is the best. Maybe some Sem trim paint. I have to call my bodyshop and see what they recommend to. Don’t want to mess these up.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Man I can’t justify 500 600 bucks on lights lol. I almost did it but mine are fine for now. I’m trying to rationalize this highline kit now hahaha.

Even $150 for lights though, anything is better than the stock ones!

5B780F38-B3D8-4CFB-AF8C-0AA54D134FB6.jpeg
44761D9F-632D-4AEE-97B7-F537B3A97DD4.jpeg
Well here goes another bright silver metallic Rubicon build haha. JK this time tho
Will be doing OME lift, and silver pintlers with yellow caps. More than likely a twill soft top. I found this and I couldn’t pass it up. Haven’t had power window and a subwoofer in my jeep for a while!
Edit: factory 4.10s, trailer tow group, power group, auto.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Just don't become a wayalife douche. That crap seems to suck jk owners in. I hate that forum and the mentality of that group. What's to happen with the TJ?

Reactions: Starrs and Chris
Just don't become a wayalife douche. That crap seems to suck jk owners in. I hate that forum and the mentality of that group. What's to happen with the TJ?
Yea that won’t happen to me. I actually like their videos hahaha. I don’t like the mods they do, but their videos are really cool st Moab. It’s gonna be a mild build like my tj. ARB stubby front, winch, AEV rear with carrier, 35” KM2s and silver pintlers. Nothing over the top. I’ve had a jk in the past; regretted not getting a Rubicon before and when I saw this one with the 4.10s I had to. I have a gentleman and his wife coming over Friday to look at my tj. If they like what they see I suspect she will be finding a new home. It’s been fun, but I’m ready to start this new chapter.

View attachment 41243 View attachment 41244 Well here goes another bright silver metallic Rubicon build haha. JK this time tho
Will be doing OME lift, and silver pintlers with yellow caps. More than likely a twill soft top. I found this and I couldn’t pass it up. Haven’t had power window and a subwoofer in my jeep for a while!
Edit: factory 4.10s, trailer tow group, power group, auto.
What year JK?

I don't blame you. I bought a new 2007 JK Rubi back in 2006, and had that for 6 years, and really enjoyed it. I could kick myself for selling it. I had it just the way I wanted it; one day got the itch for another TJ, the rest is history. It had an OME lift, Pintler wheels like you want, 285/75-17 Cooper Discoverer STT tires, both tops, Shrockworks stubby front bumper, Expedition One rear bumper and integrated with tailgate tire carrier, and a bunch of other upgrades. This is the only photo I could find with the Cooper tires and AEV Pintlers, and it had a FabFours swing-out tire carrier at the time:
DSCF0008.JPG

This later when I got KM2s and went back to the Moabs, with the Shrockworks stubby front bumper:
DSCF0001-1.JPG

108pix006.JPG

I also modified the Rubicon rock rails, and added tubing for steps:
DSCF0095.JPG
DSCF0094.JPG

Still miss that JK. But not the 3.8.

Reactions: Starrs