2005 bright silver auto TJR

Do you like the large AEV flares over the stock TJ flares? Even on highline I think facotry flares would look clean, simple, and minimal. Just my .02
With the 35s I think they will look not as big as they would with 33s. You have to have the flares with a highline kit...it’s unAmerican if you don’t lol

So... The more I've been thinking and reading, running 35s on 2 inches of lift isn't all that great, if you want to wheel it hard. With out getting into the weeds to much, 2 inches of lift doesn't really get you all that much travel... Which you need with the bigger tires and for higher speeds of road. For a daily, that only see dirt roads, it's awesome. I love the look. Functionally though, I'm thinking the TJ sweet spot is 4 inches of lift, shocks relocation, 1" body lift, tummy tuck, and 35s...

So... The more I've been thinking and reading, running 35s on 2 inches of lift isn't all that great, if you want to wheel it hard. With out getting into the weeds to much, 2 inches of lift doesn't really get you all that much travel... Which you need with the bigger tires and for higher speeds of road. For a daily, that only see dirt roads, it's awesome. I love the look. Functionally though, I'm thinking the TJ sweet spot is 4 inches of lift, shocks relocation, 1" body lift, tummy tuck, and 35s...
You do realize the highline fenders are raised 3” right? Plus the OME 2.5” suspension lift.

You do realize the highline fenders are raised 3” right? Plus the OME 2.5” suspension lift.

Yeah...I realize that...I told you you had to cut the hood three inches, remember?

Two inches of spring lift with the stock shock mounting locations is less than ideal.... Regardless of where the fenders are. The suspension components just don't work together as well as they should.

So... Yes, the highlight will let you clear 35s. But... Leaving yourself at 2.5 inches of lift is limiting your total travel to around 8 inches, based on the shocks for that lift height. If you ran a 4 inch lift, with appropriately sized shocks, you should be getting 10 or more inches of travel. Especially if you relocate your shock mounts. Yes, it's more work, but it will perform much better.

Yeah...I realize that...I told you you had to cut the hood three inches, remember?

Two inches of spring lift with the stock shock mounting locations is less than ideal.... Regardless of where the fenders are. The suspension components just don't work together as well as they should.

So... Yes, the highlight will let you clear 35s. But... Leaving yourself at 2.5 inches of lift is limiting your total travel to around 8 inches, based on the shocks for that lift height. If you ran a 4 inch lift, with appropriately sized shocks, you should be getting 10 or more inches of travel. Especially if you relocate your shock mounts. Yes, it's more work, but it will perform much better.
I see what your saying but I’m not crawling over boulders. Service roads is pretty much my extreme. Overlanding type stuff. No serious crawling.

I see what your saying but I’m not crawling over boulders. Service roads is pretty much my extreme. Overlanding type stuff. No serious crawling.
Yeah, that's why I included the parts about running dirt roads! :) I love the high line look, but as I've grown in my knowledge, I don't think it's as functional as it is cool. I don't mean any offense.

Reactions: Starrs
Yeah, that's why I included the parts about running dirt roads! :) I love the high line look, but as I've grown in my knowledge, I don't think it's as functional as it is cool. I don't mean any offense.
None taken honestly. I’m just not into the jacked up look anymore. I despise my current bodylift, and this is a way I can pull my trousers up! Hahaha

Reactions: bobthetj03
Yea that’s what I read also. I just love it because you can keep it LCOG and fit a nice size tire. These TJs are light as it is and I don’t want to go any higher
Haveyou thought about going with a salvage hood so you can keep your factory hood?
Gives you options in the future to come back if the desire is ever there.

Which brings up another question..can you go back to stock if you go high line? Just curious if the factory fenders would bolt right back up? (Atleast in reference to the front end)

Haveyou thought about going with a salvage hood so you can keep your factory hood?
Gives you options in the future to come back if the desire is ever there.

Which brings up another question..can you go back to stock if you go high line? Just curious if the factory fenders would bolt right back up? (Atleast in reference to the front end)
I’m either going to get the fiberglass highline hood, source a highline hood, or have mine trimmed. I would think the highline fenders could come right off and bolt the stock ones right back on, but I would never do that lol.

I’m either going to get the fiberglass highline hood, source a highline hood, or have mine trimmed. I would think the highline fenders could come right off and bolt the stock ones right back on, but I would never do that lol.
Do you end up trimming the rear wheel opening to make room for bigger tires on stock-ish suspension with the raised rear fender flare?

Do you end up trimming the rear wheel opening to make room for bigger tires on stock-ish suspension with the raised rear fender flare?
33s you would need no trimming. 35s might not need to depending on the lift you have. I’m thinking the 2.5” OME and highline kit would require none. Now highline kit and no lift minor trimming in the very rear towards the back you would need to do. 37s and up your trimming around the whole wheel well lift or no lift.

Reactions: Chris
7B4BECD6-4C0B-4431-B929-1015F4B426D7.jpeg