2005 bright silver auto TJR

@bobthetj03 took his off and I believe his was painted. I’ve heard others not being painted though.

Edit: not sure if he’s taken off the front, I know for sure he’s taken off the rear (painted on his) which I’ve also heard it not being painted for some people. Hah.

I'll be a photo whore on Jim's behalf:
View attachment 52941
Well it wouldnt be much to get them painted.

@bobthetj03 took his off and I believe his was painted. I’ve heard others not being painted though.

Edit: not sure if he’s taken off the front, I know for sure he’s taken off the rear (painted on his) which I’ve also heard it not being painted for some people. Hah.

I'll be a photo whore on Jim's behalf:
View attachment 52941
I think all the rear ones are painted. Im not sure I have ever seen front ones painted.

Th
Haven’t had any on for about a month now and my rear view is all I need ;)
That works...when I was transporting the half doors to the paint shop recently, the mirrors were off, and it drove me nuts not to be able to see behind me on either side...

Th

That works...when I was transporting the half doors to the paint shop recently, the mirrors were off, and it drove me nuts not to be able to see behind me on either side...
If I was in the ford raptor I used to have that would be an issue lol...this little TJ is no problem. Just turn my head around and I can see fine.

Removing the padding isn't all that bad. You have to remove the sound pods. The cloth just unzips, but the padding is attached to the roll bar via Xmas tree retainers, so be careful prying them off or you'll either crack the padding material, or pull the retainers out of the padding. The front roll bars that attach to the windshield header are painted satin black.I left the roll bar padding on those. Ended up selling the padding to a forum member. Oh, the wiring to the sound pods runs on the outside of the b pillar roll bar. I've heard instances where Jeep ran the wiring inside the roll bar, but that wasn't the case with mine. I just wrapped the wiring in strategic places on the roll bar with white vinyl tape. I've also seen where Jeep didn't paint all of the C pillar bars, so unzip the covering and take a peek to be sure yours is painted.

Reactions: Starrs
I thought ac was interested in them? Or am I thinking something else.

Interested in the lowers otherwise, don't want to step on toes.

He is, but I just can't find a good way to ship them to him where they won't get destroyed and also cost a left nut. We already talked about it, and I told him I was going to try and sell them locally first, and if they didn't sell, I'd bring them to him in Moab. So no toes stepping here. He's a good sport.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Removing the padding isn't all that bad. You have to remove the sound pods. The cloth just unzips, but the padding is attached to the roll bar via Xmas tree retainers, so be careful prying them off or you'll either crack the padding material, or pull the retainers out of the padding. The front roll bars that attach to the windshield header are painted satin black.I left the roll bar padding on those. Ended up selling the padding to a forum member. Oh, the wiring to the sound pods runs on the outside of the b pillar roll bar. I've heard instances where Jeep ran the wiring inside the roll bar, but that wasn't the case with mine. I just wrapped the wiring in strategic places on the roll bar with white vinyl tape. I've also seen where Jeep didn't paint all of the C pillar bars, so unzip the covering and take a peek to be sure yours is painted.
Leaving them on for now.

0E9E99E9-6E99-4CDE-8C17-5856E68135C4.jpeg
Driving around today and yesterday I love the soft doors. Well worth the price, and I love the look. Very simple and neat design. Put some miles on her the past 2 days lol

View attachment 55035 Cheap why not. Hate how low my seat sits. Heard these do a good job.

I got 1.5" ones from Buchanan Precision machine. It was one of the first "mods" I did to my TJ. Made driving and parking so much better. I am 5'9" and 165lb, I still feel that the seats are made for a much larger and taller person than I am. I understand that jeep lowered the seats from 03 onwards for safetey reasons (closer to airbags) but screw that.

https://buchananprecisionmachine.com/products

Reactions: Starrs
Your transfer case skid plate seems to be longer than normal in that last picture. Does that have something to do with the automatic? That seems like it is a lot longer than mine...