2005 bright silver auto TJR

I have Bestop's HighRock Element Doors and they have the same door latch. Mine have never needed adjustment, they simply went in perfectly and have been good ever since. I thought for some reason you were going with the full soft doors but the half doors should be an even better fit, I think most people talking about adjusting them were talking about the soft uppers.

One thing I would like to note is to just be conscious to not slam those latches shut like a regular door, kind of bring it close to closed then click it in. Otherwise you may damage the mechanism and they won't stay closed shut. Mine recently stopped latching shut while on a trail probably because I accidentally shut them too hard too many times. Called Bestop, they sent me brand new latches same day, no questions asked!

Can't wait to see them on there!

Reactions: Starrs
615888D7-C292-4041-9167-467D62780630.jpeg
C0AA2D83-7BC1-4CC1-8056-231030D016A4.jpeg

They look good brah! I just don't use mine often enough to justify keeping them. The lowers fit fine. Like mentioned above, go easy on latching them. I'll close them till the latch touches the striker, then push the door closed. The adjustment issues I had were with the uppers, but you aren't using those, so you're golden.

Reactions: EJD and Starrs
They look good brah! I just don't use mine often enough to justify keeping them. The lowers fit fine. Like mentioned above, go easy on latching them. I'll close them till the latch touches the striker, then push the door closed. The adjustment issues I had were with the uppers, but you aren't using those, so you're golden.

I’ll probably get some lowers before Moab. It’d be nice to have half doors while wheeling but can’t justify getting OEM as I can’t switch them often living in the apartment.

Reactions: Starrs and Chris
Ugh I’m debating if I’m gonna take off the rollbar padding now hahaha. Does this ever stop??!!

I was thinking the other day your jeep would look better without the padding provided it's painted. Depends what day your Jeep was painted :D

Are the soft doors sturdy enough you could rest your arm on them while driving?

I was thinking the other day your jeep would look better without the padding provided it's painted. Depends what day your Jeep was painted :D

Are the soft doors sturdy enough you could rest your arm on them while driving?
Might mess with it later to see what all it will take to get it off and see if I like it or not.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Might mess with it later to see what all it will take to get it off and see if I like it or not.

Is it easy to reassemble if you do take it off? Always worried it would be a pain with the foam but I’d love to see the difference on my Jeep too.

JEEPERS! That's a pretty nice looking Jeep.
First .... close the back. Dirt, dust, fumes and assorted crud gets sucked right up to the windshield.
Then get handlebars, Mine are solid steel and my butt never drags on the seat when I enter or exit and my upper body strength is improving.

Ugh I’m debating if I’m gonna take off the rollbar padding now hahaha. Does this ever stop??!!
Id like it more if the front roll bars were painted to match. But I’m confident that they are not.

A fabbed up front cage tied into the rear cage makes it look amazing. Especially if you paint match it.

EC6A384A-951A-46F1-9D39-9091B035DC23.jpeg
3BA8FB22-1FD6-4721-B669-F35F1BC06098.jpeg

Id like it more if the front roll bars were painted to match. But I’m confident that they are not.

A fabbed up front cage tied into the rear cage makes it look amazing. Especially if you paint match it.

View attachment 52939 View attachment 52940

@bobthetj03 took his off and I believe his was painted. I’ve heard others not being painted though.

Edit: not sure if he’s taken off the front, I know for sure he’s taken off the rear (painted on his) which I’ve also heard it not being painted for some people. Hah.

I'll be a photo whore on Jim's behalf:
DSCN0630.JPG

Last edited:
I'de be curious too to see what it looks like without it. Also have you thought about ditching the rear seat? That is certainly easy enough, probably do it in under a minute.