2005 Project TJ

Daz7

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Foolishly let go of my last TJ (4.5"RE, 33's with 4.57's and ARB lockers)

23621292_10155351584933821_4378854685564482951_n.jpg

So after my mum passing, and being left her 2005 TJ we did a few upgrades and just enjoyed the car. 2.5" OME HD LIFT, AEV Rims, 32" KM2's, Metalcloak front bar and ARB rear bar.

1291842_10151792253333821_2059933925_o.jpg

Last edited:
4 years later, the TJ needs a bit of work. So decided to do some more upgrades/maintenance and document it on youtube.

In the end, I'm hoping to build a reliable touring TJ to tow a small camper that can also mix it on weekend club trips.

[YOUTUBE]

Reactions: derekmac
I like the AEV wheels too. When I replace my DC-2’s I’ll likely try the Quadratec Rubicon’s in gunmetal. Closest thing I’ve seen to the AEV’s

Was really lucky with them, couldn't find any in the US, and just luckily came across a set that a local retailer had in stock.
Are the AEV wheels the 17" Pintlers with the JK lug spacing? I know AEV made Bridger wheels for the TJ for a while, and they were similar to the Pintlers, but they stopped making those years ago. But who knows what was offered down under...;)

Last edited:
Are the AEV wheels the 17" Pintlers with the JK lug spacing? I know AEV made Bridger wheels for the TJ for a while, and they were similar to the Pintlers, but they stopped making those years ago. But who knows what was offered down under...;)

These are the TJ specific 17x8.5" Pintlers, AEV discontinued production of them in 2012.
The Bridger rims were a 16" sizing.

Wasn't planning this one, but had the heater core finally start spewing coolant into the cabin. I've bypassed the heater whilst I collect parts, and get the time to pull the dash out to replace the leaking core.

Reactions: piratemonkey
This week we've fitted our Warn Zeon winch, must say I was a little hesitant on pulling the trigger on this but very happy at the quality of the product "so far"

Nice winch! That's a mighty fine choice right there.

Reactions: Daz7
Hey guys,

Foolishly let go of my last TJ (4.5"RE, 33's with 4.57's and ARB lockers)

View attachment 25951

So after my mum passing, and being left her 2005 TJ we did a few upgrades and just enjoyed the car. 2.5" OME HD LIFT, AEV Rims, 32" KM2's, Metalcloak front bar and ARB rear bar.

View attachment 25952
I love jeeps.. they have been in the family since I was born.. I recently had my own project and here is the result.. a 1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sahara...