California 49 State Legal Catalytic Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pullski

TJ Enthusiast
Price
OBO
I have for sale a 49 state legal catalytic converter made by Eastern. It was on my Jeep when I bought it, but wouldn’t pass emissions in CA. It did pass emissions in TX fwiw. The cat itself is in good shape, but the piping downstream is rough. Make an offer!

00F770DC-2FFA-41DD-A1F3-A66DD487C99E.jpeg

Out of curiosity did if fail do to a visual or were the levels too high?

Primarily it is missing one of the three required catalysts, you could probably add the third and nobody would care. It isn't just not certified, it doesn't have the correct number of cats which isn't difficult to spot. They also don't check levels as far as I know anymore. I just had mine done at a CA STAR station because my Jeep is considered a gross polluter and they didn't do anything but plug it in, run it and do a visual.

Reactions: Alex01
Primarily it is missing one of the three required catalysts, you could probably add the third and nobody would care. It isn't just not certified, it doesn't have the correct number of cats which isn't difficult to spot. They also don't check levels as far as I know anymore. I just had mine done at a CA STAR station because my Jeep is considered a gross polluter and they didn't do anything but plug it in, run it and do a visual.
I actually do have the third cat as well. It’s just welded to the rest of the exhaust. I didn’t wanna cut it off for the picture. Both of the techs who looked at it instantly knew it wasn’t legal. The PO just put the third cat further downstream.

Reactions: pagrey
They do it for I believe 2001 and older vehicles? I know that my 06 LJ is OBD-II only...
I shortly owned a 1992 miata and when I got it smogged they ran it on the dyno. My jeep was also star tested and it was only a visual.

I wish I was closer, I’m in Texas and could use a spare, you interested in shipping at all? No clue what it would cost but I’m in 75070.

Wow, that’s a lot better than I expected, I’m gonna Fidel with the 02’s a little for now, but I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Wow, that’s a lot better than I expected, I’m gonna Fidel with the 02’s a little for now, but I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!
You got it! I’ll see if I can find a more exact price and something to pack it up in. I could also throw in the old sensors if you needed some!

Status
Not open for further replies.