97 frame off repair

Well done. I think the maaco idea is good, if you do all the prep. That's where they are going to skimp. Are you putting bigger tires on eventually? 5.5 inches total lift is enough to run 35's!

That's a lot of metal work mike d and it turned out great, as did the entire Jeep! I hope you're able to sort out your half cab. I used to have one on my old '69 CJ5 that I plowed with and I loved it. It was a Meyers, same as the plow. They were metal and unlike yours if it didn't fit you just pounded on it until it did. This internet pic is what mine looked like. YOURS LOOKS A LOT BETTER!

upload_2017-12-31_16-9-5.png

That's a lot of metal work mike d and it turned out great, as did the entire Jeep! I hope you're able to sort out your half cab. I used to have one on my old '69 CJ5 that I plowed with and I loved it. It was a Meyers, same as the plow. They were metal and unlike yours if it didn't fit you just pounded on it until it did. This internet pic is what mine looked like. YOURS LOOKS A LOT BETTER!

View attachment 27939
thats cool, my dad had a 1957 1/2 cab and his twin brother had a 57 full cab. them things would go thru anything. thanks

IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0236.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG

View attachment 27939
i finally bit the bullet and got a gr8top , here's pic just installed

Attachments

• IMG_0236.MOV
    3 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0250.MOV
    3.1 MB · Views: 211
that looks great with the half top, thanks for the write up on the frame. Going to look at a tj for a friend today in MA that has some surface rust so eventually we'll have to try to slow it down.

that looks great with the half top, thanks for the write up on the frame. Going to look at a tj for a friend today in MA that has some surface rust so eventually we'll have to try to slow it down.
yeah its going to be hard to find a rust free jeep. on the north shore you have to worry about the rust from the ocean air, and in western mass where im from we have to worry about the rust from the long winters salt and slush. i hope you find one , they are great little vehicles and easy to work on. send some pics when you find one thanks