A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

New windshield, State Inspection, then took it for a drive. I wish the LJ handled like the TJ. I'm going to have to work on that!

20220819_180145.jpg

20220819_180705.jpg

Since I'm going to re-gear to 5.13, I'm wondering if now would be a good time to swap out the factory rear Rubicon air locker for an Eaton Elocker? The factory locker works fine, but I've already had one grenade and the thought of another one going out is ways in the back of my mind. I was lucky before, because I had a spare. I do not now and parts are almost impossible to find.

What elocker part number did you order 19977-010?

Went wheeling a couple weeks ago and kept hearing a clunking noise in the rear. The shocks there were kissing lower spring perch, so I removed the springs and ground out a small notch to allow the shocks to clear. When removing the springs, I tore apart the brakes and cleaned everything up. I also discovered the axle side track bar nut had almost completely loosened. :(

20220828_135147.jpg

20220828_135606.jpg

20220828_191314.jpg

Went wheeling a couple weeks ago and kept hearing a clunking noise in the rear. The shocks there were kissing lower spring perch, so I removed the springs and ground out a small notch to allow the shocks to clear. When removing the springs, I tore apart the brakes and cleaned everything up. I also discovered the axle side track bar nut had almost completely loosened. :(

View attachment 355132

View attachment 355133

View attachment 355134

After a run I was driving my jeep and on a straight-away, I heard the distinct noise of metal hitting asphalt. My front, axle side, trackbar nut came off while driving. I remember thinking how lucky I was that I heard it because I was on Ebbetts Pass in the Sierras which is a narrow road with cliffs on one side in some sections.

Glad you caught it before it became an issue.

After waiting months for the Savvy black taillights to come back in stock, I ordered a set from MetalCloak. The fitting of the lenses is on the tight side, but the overall quality is very good. For a tad less than $200 delivered, I'm fine with the purchase. Time will tell if the quality of the LED lights is good or bad!

20220830_183348.jpg

After waiting months for the Savvy black taillights to come back in stock, I ordered a set from MetalCloak. The fitting of the lenses is on the tight side, but the overall quality is very good. For a tad less than $200 delivered, I'm fine with the purchase. Time will tell if the quality of the LED lights is good or bad!

View attachment 355398

1661900667579.gif

I've managed to squeeze in three wheeling trips this Summer. The Jeep has proven to be reliable and very capable. It's been exhausting going through the wheel, then clean up cycle. I just finished another round last weekend and the only thing on my mind now is protecting the rear housing. I'm dragging it a fair amount when in big rocks and can see where it's wearing down on the bottom. This is something I'll address over the Winter down time.

The wheels are the other thing taking a beating. However, those are sacrificial as far as I'm concerned. Everything is cleaned up on the bottom side now and ready to go again.

20220626_093604.jpg

20220831_200613.jpg

I've managed to squeeze in three wheeling trips this Summer. The Jeep has proven to be reliable and very capable. It's been exhausting going through the wheel, then clean up cycle. I just finished another round last weekend and the only thing on my mind now is protecting the rear housing. I'm dragging it a fair amount when in big rocks and can see where it's wearing down on the bottom. This is something I'll address over the Winter down time.

The wheels are the other thing taking a beating. However, those are sacrificial as far as I'm concerned. Everything is cleaned up on the bottom side now and ready to go again.

View attachment 356349

View attachment 356350

The skids look new

View attachment 355398

I ended up grabbing a set of the molded plastic ones. The side marker is a pain to get mounted, the rest was easy. Time will tell if they are a worth while upgrade. The molded ones were 80 some bucks shipped, so can’t complain since my stock housings were crushed anyway.

Reactions: Irun