A lesson learned—keep it light and nimble!

Hush.... I've been pretty good at squashing the V8 bug so far. The TJ6 bug is getting bigger though... Since I have to replace the center section of my frame anyway...
I'm starting to get the bug to finally install the Golen stroker that's been sitting in a sealed crate for far to long. Problem is the Jeep runs so well it's hard to commit! 🤪

There are three USB pig tails. It will be nice to use one of those for the GMRS radio. In my case I happened to be lucky enough to put my radio in the correct spot. 🙃

View attachment 305947

OK again I'm not tech savvy enough here. Why and how do you hook your GMRS radio to the stereo? What benefit will you get from doing this?

Reactions: Irun
OK again I'm not tech savvy enough here. Why and how do you hook your GMRS radio to the stereo? What benefit will you get from doing this?

I think they USB plug is just for charging stuff? I'm not sure now to be honest.

The USB port on the radio is indeed only a charger. However, although I haven't tried one yet, there are adapters that go from 3.5mm plugs to USB.

Reactions: Wildman
That deck is pretty powerful, if you can find the android software it'll program radios and do all kinds of stuff. On mine you can plug in USB drives as external storage. One of the USB plugs will even accept a mouse or keyboard if you want to enter passwords quickly setting it up. On the front of the radio there is a slot for a micro SD card. I store all my maps and GPX files on that so I can easily transfer them from my laptop. By default I think one of the USB cables is disabled in software but the other should work and if you find the detailed settings you should be able to enable both cables although that's pretty advanced stuff.

The USB port on the radio is indeed only a charger. However, although I haven't tried one yet, there are adapters that go from 3.5mm plugs to USB.
Ahhhhh, good thinking! That would be great if it works. CB over the stereo speakers if you choose. Nice 👍

I'm starting to get the bug to finally install the Golen stroker that's been sitting in a sealed crate for far to long. Problem is the Jeep runs so well it's hard to commit! 🤪
I get it, people who have built a number of Jeeps end up with a fair collection of spares. But for the love of God, who just happens to have a stroker engine sitting in a crate in their garage 🤣

I've finally decided to pick a date and will be retiring at the end of this year. After a lot of soul searching, I've decided that I'll be shifting my priorities to focus more of my time on family and a long list of projects around the house/property.

Knowing I'll be retiring soon, and having driven both the TJ and LJ over the last couple months, it has become clear that I don't need both. Additionally, It has become crystal clear that the LJ is a much more logical/practical choice to keep. I can still keep a Jeep, but have one that will better fit my needs. With that in mind, as much as it pains me, the TJ will be going up for sale soon.

If anyone here knows someone that might be interested send me a message and we can talk. You all know how much work has gone into this thing, with no shortcuts, and it will make a fantastic vehicle for someone who knows what they are looking for. Being up front, some things will be coming of the Jeep, so it can be sold without me taking to much of a beating. I'll admit I'm a little sad to sell after finally building what I wanted. However, I'm also very, very excited to start a new chapter in my life! :)

Rich

Congrats on the retirement. I'm looking forward to mine in 2 years. The wife informs me that we will be retiring to--wait for it--Virginia. Wants to spend her remaining years close to her daughter and her family who live in Newport News.