A list of American companies we need to be buying from to help them survive

I would speculate that the reason for sending manufacturing overseas is to have a product made cheaper.

When thinking China, it usually means cheaper labor and materials, correct?

Which should result in a cheaper asking price, correct?

If the answer to the asking price question is no, then its to make more profit; this I speculate. 🤡 Which is great for some folks who run companies. Money is all that matters. More is better.
Ideally you charge what the market will bear. You use cost to determine margin which determines viability.

If you sell a product for X and then can (in theory) get the “same” product for less, you still sell for X if you want consistent volume. You make more margin.

If there’s competition that requires you to sell for less then you cut costs, re-evaluate margin and price accordingly.

No. It's much better than that. You are seeing a marvel of American innovation. It's a purpose made thimble gouger.

Put Factor 55 on the list! They must survive even if their customers don't.
Speaking of purpose made. Seems similar to when Savvy caved to a constant barrage of customer’s request for a, “step,” added to their slider. And they did, didn't they? Even though the mind behind it was against it from the beginning.

This is indeed truly baffling. I had no idea this existed until now, but consider me speechless :LOL:

Is this the equivalent of a butt plug for a winch?
Wrong end. It’s a ball gag for your Jeep.

816d4-KP9rL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Speaking of purpose made. Seems similar to when Savvy caved to a constant barrage of customer’s request for a, “step,” added to their slider. And they did, didn't they? Even though the mind behind it was against it from the beginning.

I think it's a similar story for the the Savvy rear bumper with the receiver hitch.

Reactions: Fouledplugs

They did, very early on. Then no one bought the version with the wider bump out turned into a step. But very much unlike Factor 55, Savvy making their sliders wider wasn't endangering people's lives or misleading their customers about how sliders work.

True. But those factor 55 critics would really surprise me if they had a comment about that hitch or the step in the slider that Savvy was pressured into adopting.

Which is exactly what @pagrey was eluding to.

Did I succeed in pointing out the difference?

Did I succeed in pointing out the difference?
I was surprised to say the least. Congratulations, wish I had something to give away. This is rare.

And I’m sure that statment could fit the receiver hitch for their bumper too.

IMO, it seems some companies build what their customers want, Savvy being one of them. Sometimes it gets misconstrued as if it was the manufactures idea. We have the benefit of knowing what the history was on Savvy's part. Factor55 could fall into the same catagory. Maybe they dont, maybe they are 100% predators.

.... Factor55 could fall into the same catagory. Maybe they dont, maybe they are 100% predators.

I'm no fan of Metalcloak. They actively mislead their customers and go to great lengths to control their public perception by suppressing information under the guise of customer service. But even I would be hard-pressed to argue that their products were presenting a clear danger to their customers. Again, there is a difference.

Last edited:
Totally off the TJ/LJ subject, I do like that Rustys is one of the few companies on the list that builds/offers black zinc plated U-bolts that are grade 8. I cant stand to see rusty u bolts on YJ’s and XJ’s. Most dont care, but I like that Rusty’s offers a little detail with the zinc plate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I'm no fan of Metalcloak. They actively mislead their customers and go to great lengths to control their public perception by suppressing information under the guise of customer service. But even I would be hard-pressed to argue that their products were presenting a clear danger to their customers. Again, there is a difference.
Good, difference is seen with MetalCloak. Also, I wasnt trying to defend MetalCloak at all in this thread.

Good, difference is seen with MetalCloak. Also, I wasnt trying to defend MetalCloak at all in this thread.

I'm just trying to point out that being American made isn't enough to put a company on a pedestal. Why are we "saving" a business like Factor 55, again? Is it because they make a good product line, or is it because they are popular?