Advice on possible TJ purchase

Curt-Curt

I'm thinking about buy a jeep from a guy who after a phone call turns out to be a dealer. he is selling his jeep that he bought 3 months ago after it was traded in (which he made the trade). in 3 months he's replaced the radiator,all fluids (front and rear diff.) painted all fenders. its a 2006 with 77,000 miles he's asking $12995 should i be concerned about this? or is this something dealers do on the side?
Thanks

Depends on the condition. Also, if it's not a Rubicon model, it's not worth what he is asking IMHO.

What kind of dealer? Drugs?

Should be fine, just go take a look. At that price try to get him to 11,500 final. That’s as high as I would go if rust free TJ

Has the jeep lived in CT it's whole life? Was it driven in winter? If so I can guarantee there will be internal frame and torque box rust. Only looking at it up close would be able to determine if it's worth it, post pics of the frame and under body if possible.

Repainted all fenders leads me to believe they were rusted out. Id tread carefully. Also, need a bit more info on the jeep itself.

Repainted all fenders leads me to believe they were rusted out. Id tread carefully. Also, need a bit more info on the jeep itself.
Yea, that's definitely a red flag, and many dealers don't exactly have outstanding ethics either. Rusty trade in, quick paint and detailing so it looks nice on the surface, then resell as "Clean, perfect, must see!"

ok i just looked up vin number and the equipment listing and it has this jeep as a X model but all of pictures of jeep have SPORT on it? is this a error or did someone put a SPORT decal on jeep? and is there a big difference between models?