Alex01 Silver Sport Build Thread

What did you do with the side marker lights ?
I'm going to replace them with 3 wire button lights and put them in the same area as @DrDmoney. The stock 2 wire they sent only works with the headlights on or off, not both.

8B25CB52-E336-4ABC-8DD6-31F2C14B107F.jpg

I was able to push the axle 4 rotations forward. I had to modify the TB a bit but it clears now. Crossing my fingers I didn't take out enough to cause any issues down the line.
Wheelbase seems to be exactly 93.5" so I'm not quite sure what I accomplished pushing the front all the way forward and the rear all the way back 🤔View attachment 230833
Imagine if you had more lift and shorter arms. 🦖

The MC fenders allowed me to run a good amount LESS bump stop than the GR fenders. With the new fenders I'll need to add 3/4". At least they look nice
Huh
but I thought everyone said metal cloak didn't offer any extra clearance over a tube fender.

Alex - that actually looks pretty tight in the rear. Have you flexed it at full stuff / full lock?
I did, I made that comment without thinking of turning so "tons" isn't accurate. I have enough room to turn the tires at full lock. Not much but enough.
20210302_204921.jpg
20210302_204931.jpg

I'm confused, they work in the off position? my Markers are 2 wire but I think 01 they are different for some reason.
I have 3 wire to work with. Don't quote me on the colors since I'm going off memory but the jeep has Black-purple, grey, a blue.

I can get the flasher to work by hooking up black purple and grey with the lights OFF but they no longer work when the lights are ON.

If I hook up blue and Grey I can get the flashers to work with the lights ON but not OFF.

If I hook up grey. and combine blue and black purple the flashers are ALWAYS on.

I've read you can fix it by adding a diode or resistor to the wiring but adding a 3 wire LED seems like a simpler solution.

Edit: by lights I'm referring to headlights.

and here im thinking about outboarding but have no idea how... then theres this :LOL:
Hats off to you alex, this rig is a beast!
I'd be happy to walk you through it one day. If I recall correctly though you have short arms so you'd need to fab up a new rear TB mount. @Nickgsjeep would be a great jeep to reference.

Reactions: D M