I just stumbled on this thread.
Wow that is one BadAss LJ.
I love the V8 and the Suspension.
Great job on the build!!!

Obviously not posted here in a while, but as it currently sits....

IMG_8731.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

IMG_8734.jpg

With all the mesquite in the first two pics I think somewhere in the Hill Country, but the third pic throws me. Where is this in TX? Great rig. Big color change!

Bridgeport OHV here in north TX. I run down there now and then to just get out. It's an hour and ten minutes from my house. Thank you!

Haven't needed one in 26+ years of wheeling to get off a trail. If I tow, then it's not far away in the truck. If I don't, I have enough stuff to repair a hole as big as your fist.

Been debating that on my new build and I’ve come to the same conclusion.

Reactions: JMT
Haven't needed one in 26+ years of wheeling to get off a trail. If I tow, then it's not far away in the truck. If I don't, I have enough stuff to repair a hole as big as your fist.

Could you expand on what kind of things you carry for tire repair? Hell of a build, definitely want to see more of it.

Bridgeport OHV here in north TX. I run down there now and then to just get out. It's an hour and ten minutes from my house. Thank you!

Ok, that's one place I never ran. I lived in the Hill Country and spent most of my time wheelin at Wolf Caves in Mason, Hidden Falls outside Boerne, and Katemcy in Mason (but I didn't enjoy it as much as Wolf Caves). There were a few other places that were harder to get into because they were only open a half dozen times a year; SWR and Long Ranch (I think this one is closed now). I wish I'd made it up to Bridgeport before we moved to WA state. I enjoyed the wheelin down there more than up here, but I live a good bit from the W side of WA where most of the better wheelin is.

Could you expand on what kind of things you carry for tire repair? Hell of a build, definitely want to see more of it.

Up here the buggy guys carry a plug kit, big patches, something to sew up a sidewall gash and a tube.

Reactions: Wildman
I doubt you will find any rigs of that size and capability with that much TJ in them. It has the full frame, full tub, OEM dash, OEM under dash harness, OEM PDC, OEM bumper mounts at both ends, OEM HVA box with working heater run by the TJ dash controls, OEM steering wheel and column, OEM horn, turn signal and headlight harness.

There was a fair bit of work and thought that went into keeping as much OEM as possible.

Ricky didn't post up what was my favorite part.

View attachment 22971

That and he needs an audio clip of the exhaust sound on here.

Never seen exhaust run over the trans, didnt know there was enough room. Was the exhaust done like that for ground clearance or driveshaft?

Last edited:
Ever seen exhaust run over the trans, didnt know there was enough room. Was the exhaust done like that for ground clearance or driveshaft?

Driveshaft and upper control arm. I'd seen several motor swaps from folks asking if they could install the mid arm. The dual exhaust and poor placement of the exhaust manifold exit negates that fully since the exhaust ran right through the spot between engine and frame that the arm and mount needed to live in. They make big sad faces but they don't change the exhaust and manifolds so they are really just a tiny bit sad.