Another negative side effect of long arms

Main thing I wouldn't like about that Jeep is the custom self portrait of a guys face right in the paint job...

1583366986087.png

• Haha
Reactions: darkmavis and Chris
So the issue isn’t the control arm lengths, it’s the frame side mounting of them?
Always. The main reason (at least for myself) their is dislike is how the majority of kits cheat geometry, and compromise for packaging. Location of the mounts is everything, will only a tiny amount being the ability to get hung up.

Hopefully those $100k rigs are putting the mounts where they belong for the desired performance and not just where it is most convenient to install them.
They have calculators for a reason. And I’m not taking about just any shop I was referring to very reputable shops like wide open designs, motobilt, evo, and shops alike.

Let’s also not forget that this bolt-on long arm leaves anything but a remotely flat belly.

That skid plate with the mounts looks like a recipe for getting hung up on anything and everything.

Let’s also not forget that this bolt-on long arm leaves anything but a remotely flat belly.

That skid plate with the mounts looks like a recipe for getting hung up on anything and everything.
You need to wheel more. Scraping the bottom of your rockers, belly pan, axles and bumpers is inevitable if you offroad.
If your Jeep is scratch or gouge free underneath, you just mall crawlin and should be in a soccer moms jk.

You need to wheel more. Scraping the bottom of your rockers, belly pan, axles and bumpers is inevitable if you offroad.
If your Jeep is scratch or gouge free underneath, you just mall crawlin and should be in a soccer moms jk.

Why is it everyone seems to want a flat belly then? Maybe because when something hangs that low, it’s going to present a big issue when dragging the underside over rocks.

Did I ever say scraping wasn’t inevitable? Nope, sounds like words you put in my mouth. Getting hung up (which is what I said) is definitely something that can be avoided to some degree by having a flatter belly.

It sounds to me like someone (you) has a bolt-on long arm and is probably taking this thread way too personally.

Why is it everyone seems to want a flat belly then? Maybe because when something hangs that low, it’s going to present a big issue when dragging the underside over rocks.

Did I ever say scraping wasn’t inevitable? Nope, sounds like words you put in my mouth. Getting hung up (which is what I said) is definitely something that can be avoided to some degree by having a flatter belly.

It sounds to me like someone (you) has a bolt-on long arm and is probably taking this thread way too personally.
Triggered. Sorry.
I was just making sure y’all weren’t saying the length of the arm is to long.
I also don’t think 1” of ground clearance under the belly is gonna matter much. I wheel most every weekend, never seen someone get hung up and thought, if they had 1” more of ground clearance under their belly they would have made it. But the guys I see wheeling bump shit a lot.

I’m poor and still running stock arm length.

• Haha
Reactions: EzPeezy and Chris
Triggered. Sorry.
I was just making sure y’all weren’t saying the length of the arm is to long.
I also don’t think 1” of ground clearance under the belly is gonna matter much. I wheel most every weekend, never seen someone get hung up and thought, if they had 1” more of ground clearance under their belly they would have made it. But the guys I see wheeling bump shit a lot.

I’m poor and still running stock arm length.

Nope, it’s not the arm length that bothers me. It’s the way they attach to the frame with that skid plate, and the mounts obviously being in less than ideal positions. In all fairness, I don’t know how low it hangs, but it looks like it’s 3-4 inches in the photo, I may be wrong, I am just going off the visual.

They have calculators for a reason. And I’m not taking about just any shop I was referring to very reputable shops like wide open designs, motobilt, evo, and shops alike.

Hopefully their calculators are more sophisticated than the Excel spreadsheet most of us play around with.

• Haha
Reactions: MallCrawlOnTons
Nope, it’s not the arm length that bothers me. It’s the way they attach to the frame with that skid plate, and the mounts obviously being in less than ideal positions. In all fairness, I don’t know how low it hangs, but it looks like it’s 3-4 inches in the photo, I may be wrong, I am just going off the visual.
Maybe 3 or 4 inches below the frame, I agree. But how low does a stock skid hang below the frame. I was comparing the Jeep you linked with a stock wrangler with similar lift and ~stock length arms.