Another Newb Seeking Advice for a TJ

Its crazy how they go like hot cakes. I saw mine for the first time on a Wednesday night about 8:30. I pulled over. 13 K for an 05 with 46 on the clock. I called the guy. It had only been out 2 hours. We set up a test drive the next day. After I drove it and my mechanic looked it over, I offered 11,600. He countered with 12 and I said, done. Come to find out, he had six other buyers with cash in hand the next day after I saw it, two with RVs that would have turned her into a drag queen. But now she’s my Daily by day and Rock Crawler by weekend, a much more appropriate profession.
39DCDFE6-9832-4211-BAB8-0432ABF86E10.jpeg

and there go the aesthetics :rolleyes:
Totally agree. It’s easy to go overboard on the simple, classic lines of a TJ. I personally abhor all the additional stuff. If I needed a spotlight I’d use a handheld. Only time I would need one is evening hunts. I rarely drive at night so I’m still running stock headlights. I prefer them actually. I might upgrade the bulbs in the future

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Totally agree. It’s easy to go overboard on the simple, classic lines of a TJ. I personally abhor all the additional stuff. If I needed a spotlight I’d use a handheld. Only time I would need one is evening hunts. I rarely drive at night so I’m still running stock headlights. I prefer them actually. I might upgrade the bulbs in the future

couldn't agree more, I've so far left these small LEDs on that were there when I bought it & in almost two years have not used them once. No night driving or wheeling, shit if not for leaving a little before dawn on wheeling days to get to the mountains I wouldn't even turn my actual headlights on, ever.

Looking at the photo of your rig coming off that rock up above makes me want to rip these things off even more now, that is just a thing of beauty, though I'm not far behind :D

018.JPG

Reactions: JMT
To continue the thread jack… I also have spotlights that came on my LJ when I bought it. They’re good PIAA lights and are kind of fun when you put them on (rare) so I’ve hesitated to take them off, but I’ve always thought they’ve thrown off the look I’d like (improved OEM).

When I got my Rock Crawler bumper I found a set of OEM fog lights and mounted them to it. I just recently removed them because I thought it looked very busy/cheesy having six big round lights on the front of the Jeep.

Wish I could remove my front license plate. I’ll probably go with a black one next time.

Wish I could remove my front license plate. I’ll probably go with a black one next time.
Removing the front plate only requires two steps.

Step one: move out of the stupid state that requires them.
Step two: unscrew

Removing the front plate only requires two steps.

Step one: move out of the stupid state that requires them.
Step two: unscrew
That’s a solid plan! Unfortunately, we have so much good wheelin within an hour of my home that I’m not planning on going anywhere just yet. :cool:

Yeah JMT, you may need it for the camping trails at night.
Ahh...These are one of the things that I could use, but I’d just prefer handheld! BTW, that trail is in an OHV park.

couldn't agree more, I've so far left these small LEDs on that were there when I bought it & in almost two years have not used them once. No night driving or wheeling, shit if not for leaving a little before dawn on wheeling days to get to the mountains I wouldn't even turn my actual headlights on, ever.

Looking at the photo of your rig coming off that rock up above makes me want to rip these things off even more now, that is just a thing of beauty, though I'm not far behind :D

View attachment 53581
It’s looking good. How much tread is left on those tires? What will you go to next? Nice rock sliders. Also, interesting grille slats. I’ve thought about something like that. I have the X model too. It’s hard to decide to remove decals. I reticently decided to remove some of them. I almost replaced them with black. I still think the black would look better than the stock color on our Flame Red TJ’s, which is hands down the best color!

Hey brah! Remember these famous words, “stay focused!” Function over form. Got goals. Plus, stock headlights just look right on a TJ...:D

Much to learn, you have, young Jeti!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKIURK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

You'd have to have a pretty keen eye to tell the difference appearance wise with these housings. Light output is significant, and projection of the light beam is awesome sauce brah!

Kick it up another notch and get these bulbs for the housings and you'll be approaching Trucklite LED status.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007K6E51W/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Some might counter you'd be appoaching LED light pricing is you went with the cheap knockoffs, but meh.

Derail..........complete!

Much to learn, you have, young Jeti!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKIURK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

You'd have to have a pretty keen eye to tell the difference appearance wise with these housings. Light output is significant, and projection of the light beam is awesome sauce brah!

Kick it up another notch and get these bulbs for the housings and you'll be approaching Trucklite LED status.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007K6E51W/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Some might counter you'd be appoaching LED light pricing is you went with the cheap knockoffs, but meh.

Derail..........complete!
Ok brah, what about just getting those bulbs? Can I put those in the stock housings?

I got nightmares from this photo.
I think we’re all having the same nightmare since that photo showed up a few days ago. It’s starting to litter every thread.