Another Tire Thread 😉

JMT

Just another auto…
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm currently running the Cooper STT Pro in 33x12.5r15 and before that I ran the BFG GY MT/R in 31x10.5r15.

I'm thinking about a narrower 33x10.5r15 because my BS is 3.625 and the Jeep looks like it is sitting too wide. I've enjoyed the Coopers, and they wheel outstanding.

My environment is loose dirt, snow, rocks, and DD (~4,000mpyear). I have no interest in an AT tire.

I keep looking at the Maxxis Razr MT in a 33x10.5r15. I've also looked at the General Grabber X3.

Anyone running either of these tires?

Any advice on the effects of going from a 33x12.5 to a 33x10.5?

Any other tire suggestions?

Have you tried Duratracs? They've been my favorite tire on my XJ - on my second set of them. I've gotta get these BFGs off my LJ soon.

Your choices are limited then for a narrower tire. Quit screwing around and just put those 35's on already. Come on, it's a Jeep man!
And if the trails become so easy, we'll lose interest brah!

I ran a 33x10.50R15 KM2 for years on a previous Jeep. They were much less susceptible to following tracks/ruts on the road. I also noticed a significant performance drop when I went to a 12.50 tire.

SigcspB.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and ranger101
Have you tried Duratracs? They've been my favorite tire on my XJ - on my second set of them. I've gotta get these BFGs off my LJ soon.
I read a lot about Duratracs because @Chris used to be a die hard Duratrac fan. I think what turned me off were several people saying they started cupping and got loud on the road. Sounds like you had a good experience though. I have an XJ too, maybe I’ll put Duratracs on it.

Reactions: anarce
33/10.5/15 BFG KM3. I love mine, I have the 12.5s and theyre great. Theyre great in the terrain you mentioned above
Shop Now: BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain KM3 Tires

I enjoyed my 33x10.5x15 MT/R's. I used them in the snow a few times and they weren't bad. I can say they were much better on the road then my 35's.
20180323_155636-1.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Chris
I read a lot about Duratracs because @Chris used to be a die hard Duratrac fan. I think what turned me off were several people saying they started cupping and got loud on the road. Sounds like you had a good experience though. I have an XJ too, maybe I’ll put Duratracs on it.

Having run Duratracs and KO2s, I will say that the Duratracs are a very loud tire for sure. In fact, they are just as loud as any M/T tire. They do however perform exceptionally good, especially in the snow!

I still love them and would run them again, just be prepared for the noise, but if you are use to M/Ts, no big deal then.

KO2s are noticeably quieter of course.

33/10.5/15 BFG KM3. I love mine, I have the 12.5s and theyre great. Theyre great in the terrain you mentioned above
View attachment 190417
Hmmm, why do I keep staying away from BFG’s?

EDIT: Just looked up the Specs, they are only 32.5”. That’s one of the smallest 33’s I’ve seen.

General Grabber X3 has a full 33” spec in their 33x10.5
MAxxix Razr is 32.8”

Reactions: D M