Any advice for a new Jeeper?

Hi, so I moved to northern California a few weeks ago for college. Last week my aunt told me she was selling her tj with 40k miles for 5k and asked if I was interested. I said I was super interested and now I have a jeep. I really know very little about the community and wanted to get involved and was hoping for some tips or advice from some experienced jeepers (I also just really wanted to talk about my jeep because I am super hyped about it). I have already bought seat covers, floor mats, and was thinking about buying a winch and new soft top as my sof top is brownish and old and I would like to get a black one. I was also going to spray paint all the faded gray parts on the sides of the car black as I feel white and black would look nice (the car is white). But yeah I figured this would be a good place to start to get involved with the jeep community!

View attachment 235516
Welcome to the Jeep community! I honestly believe you made a really good decision. The best part? Definitely the price. If someone offers me that type of beauty for 5K, I would buy it in a second!

Hi, so I moved to northern California a few weeks ago for college. Last week my aunt told me she was selling her tj with 40k miles for 5k and asked if I was interested. I said I was super interested and now I have a jeep. I really know very little about the community and wanted to get involved and was hoping for some tips or advice from some experienced jeepers (I also just really wanted to talk about my jeep because I am super hyped about it). I have already bought seat covers, floor mats, and was thinking about buying a winch and new soft top as my sof top is brownish and old and I would like to get a black one. I was also going to spray paint all the faded gray parts on the sides of the car black as I feel white and black would look nice (the car is white). But yeah I figured this would be a good place to start to get involved with the jeep community!

Does Grandma have any more cars for sale??
Does Grandma have any more cars for sale? Tell her I'm interested. :)

Reactions: RHanna
new jeeper advice, buy the compressor before the deflators.

last month, I met a guy, he had used deflaters on a logging road,,,,,,, cuz thevforum said he should use these deflators..... now at 10psi he was trying to figure out how to reset them to 30psi.......

I had no air compressor, neither did he lol....

I asked if he aired down his spare, he said no, so I said there ya go.......

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq and Plumber1
new jeeper advice, buy the compressor before the deflators.

last month, I met a guy, he had used deflaters on a logging road,,,,,,, cuz thevforum said he should use these deflators..... now at 10psi he was trying to figure out how to reset them to 30psi.......

I had no air compressor, neither did he lol....

I asked if he aired down his spare, he said no, so I said there ya go.......
That is hysterical.