Anybody have a Ford Excursion?

I'm still in the market. Saw a local V10 2003 for sale for just over 5K. I'm not going to go diesel anymore. Crazy price these days. Limited and the leather is torn in a few spots but I've really got to look at it and see if maybe there are rust issues.

Anybody have any real world experience with the post 2002 Titan 6.8L V10s? I've seen guys on YouTube with 500k on them without issue. Others not so lucky.

Reactions: Rick Flair
The V10’s are solid. Watch the early ones, they spit plugs like the other modular Ford engines, but the 3v are fixed.

Been using them in vans and motor home chassis for many years after Ford dropped them from the line.

A high mileage would have the bugs worked out.

I owned a ‘99 F250 with one. The first Gen with 250 HP. 😂

Leveled on 35’s she got 12 mpg. Loaded. 12 mpg.

Trailer?

9-10 mpg.

Worked as intended.

You’ll be happy. I’d own another.

Reactions: ejay
I pulled the trigger and got a high mileage 2003 Limited 4X4 with the 6.8 V10. I knew it was coming. I just filled the tank from under a quarter tank of gas. 37 gallons. $130

My ‘17 F350 had a 48 gallon tank. It hurt to fill but it was nice to only stop once a month for fuel.

Reactions: ejay
Drives pretty well. A few bushings could use replacing. I think the drivers front ujoint is going out as it squeaky at speed. There's a little oil around the intake so I'm guessing the gasket is done. As long as I don't bust the studs replacing it....lol

We're looking for an Excursion at the moment. We'll need it mainly to be a people hauler. The fiancé and I are getting married the first week of November and we have 5 kids between the two of us. We looked at the Suburban's and Denali XL's, but the third row just seems roomier and more comfortable in the Excursion. I've got my eye on a couple 7.3's with 100-150,000 miles and they are priced in the $28,000 range. Called on one yesterday in Oregon with 92,000 miles on it. The sales guy said they are taking offers, but he thinks it will be in $45,000 range. That's what it sold new for 21 years ago...insane.

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Flair and ejay
We're looking for an Excursion at the moment. We'll need it mainly to be a people hauler. The fiancé and I are getting married the first week of November and we have 5 kids between the two of us. We looked at the Suburban's and Denali XL's, but the third row just seems roomier and more comfortable in the Excursion. I've got my eye on a couple 7.3's with 100-150,000 miles and they are priced in the $28,000 range. Called on one yesterday in Oregon with 92,000 miles on it. The sales guy said they are taking offers, but he thinks it will be in $45,000 range. That's what it sold new for 21 years ago...insane.
Parts for the 7.3 are insanely priced too. But...it's an International so......

A people hauler can be done with a XL.
Don’t pay those prices!

A people hauler can be done with a XL.
Don’t pay those prices!
I don't disagree, but the prices of Suburban's and XL's are crazy as well at the moment. I found a 7.3 Excursion Limited 4x4 with 105,000 miles for $29,000. It's in great condition, but that's still borderline too much for what it is, even in this market.

We miss our excursion, ours had the 5.4 in it. While it wasn't a tow monster, it was perfect for hauling the grandkids and kids around. Now we have a Nissan Armada, it doesn't have the room of the Excursion but the wife loves it.