Anybody up for a random meme dump?

E3A95B3A-396B-4415-A8CB-32085B15D2A4.jpeg

We moved to south KC in 1958 when I was about 8. You could practically see Richards-Gebaur AFB from our patio. Our house was under one of the landing patterns. I would sit out for hours watching planes taking off and landing.
About 7 years later we were launching model rockets in the backyard while the AF was flying their 'flying boxcars' overhead. It didn't dawn on me that it might be a problem until four car loads of AP showed up at our house. The guy in charge figured out what was going on and told us to suspend launching when there were aircraft over head. We agreed immediately!
One time a whole group of B-58s took off together and they must have been doing something special 'cause they firewalled it right off the runway. The ensuing sonic booms broke all of the windows in the neighborhood. The AF mailed out notices to get our windows fixed and send them the bill. Man, those things were fast (and loud)!
There was a big air show there every year until they closed the base. It was great. I have a bunch of pix of my kids sitting the Hog cockpit. We saw F-117s, B-52s, B-1s, F-16s and got a tour of the C-5 Galaxy. The Thunderbirds and blue Angels alternated every year and every show was great. Now, I live in San Antonio, which is an AF city and have not been to an air show or even seen military aircraft for 30 yrs. I miss 'em.