Anybody up for a random meme dump?

1647982332716.png

No caption necessary

Yep they sure made it a LOT easier to break into a rig.
I remember this was the easiest way to get into my friends VW Bug. He would get mad at all the pranks, we would just say 'FIX YOUR SHIT THEN'. He never did.
I'm not too sure how that worked for you but I know how it worked for me. I locked my keys in my Beetle behind a bar back in the 80s. I probably hit that wing window with a rock close too 100 times before it let me in. I also remember picking up the whole wing window glass (only) and tossing it into the glove box before walking back into the bar with my keys. IIRC it was the first day of shutting off a brand new equalizer to save the battery before getting out that caused that problem. If I look around the garage at my mom's I should be able to take a picture of that glass to post. I bet it's covered in safety yellow overspray from my dad painting my CJ5 30 some yrs ago.

I'm not too sure how that worked for you but I know how it worked for me. I locked my keys in my Beetle behind a bar back in the 80s. I probably hit that wing window with a rock close too 100 times before it let me in. I also remember picking up the whole wing window glass (only) and tossing it into the glove box before walking back into the bar with my keys. IIRC it was the first day of shutting off a brand new equalizer to save the battery before getting out that caused that problem. If I look around the garage at my mom's I should be able to take a picture of that glass to post. I bet it's covered in safety yellow overspray from my dad painting my CJ5 30 some yrs ago.

I was able to pop the latch on a few of the wing window rigs I had or buddies had depending on the reasons why. And I popped a few out of their track also.

Reactions: reddvltj
Oh man. I had a similar deal. I had a pretty old xj back in my 20s. It was shiny orange. I blasted down from Arkansas to Mississippi trying to chase down my first wife. On the way back I was in a super hurry stopped in Memphis just to hug my older brother. Locked the keys in it. While it was running. I discovered after a literal 5 minute visit. Was running late to get back to a killer job I scored. Anyways it took me 1 rock and 1 throw busted out one of the smaller windows. Crazy times. Miss that jeep.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
Oh man. I had a similar deal. I had a pretty old xj back in my 20s. It was shiny orange. I blasted down from Arkansas to Mississippi trying to chase down my first wife. On the way back I was in a super hurry stopped in Memphis just to hug my older brother. Locked the keys in it. While it was running. I discovered after a literal 5 minute visit. Was running late to get back to a killer job I scored. Anyways it took me 1 rock and 1 throw busted out the little glass window behind the main rear window. Crazy times. Miss that jeep.

The XJ and the Golf MKI (USA Rabbit) were so similar. I'm pretty sure they both started life with actual working vent windows but ended up adding some security with triangular stationary windows in their place. I remember the wife calling the 1996 Cherokee a large Rabbit based on the interior and we ended up with a brand new Grand Cherokee. Damn I was lucky we didn't get the XJ in 1996, the year before they updated the XJ interior to be much closer to the ZJ than the Rabbit and those triangular windows disappeared completely.