Anybody up for a random meme dump?

1655594426748.png

I remember when this first came out I was convinced I wouldn't like it at all... took me a long time before I finally listened to it. To say I was surprised is a gross understatement. As someone who was a student of vocals in HS he NAILED it with this version!

I hear you. I generally don't like remakes like this - but this version is better than the original IMHO. Todd Hoffman did one almost identical to it, but doesn't have the passion in the "...neon GOD THEY'D MADE" section. Still pretty good. My dance teacher did a veil performance to this, which is how I first heard it.

I hear you. I generally don't like remakes like this - but this version is better than the original IMHO. Todd Hoffman did one almost identical to it, but doesn't have the passion in the "...neon GOD THEY'D MADE" section. Still pretty good. My dance teacher did a veil performance to this, which is how I first heard it.

I still enjoy Simon and Garfunkel's version, but after hearing Draiman's version the original seems rushed. Usually a remake sounds off when compared to the original, which says a lot. He re-envisioned and made it his own.

Reactions: B252
This reminds me of something I'd long since forgotten. About 30 years ago, wife and daughter were having an argument about some chickenshit thing or other. Back and forth, blah, blah, blah, it was the gift that just kept on giving and went on and on...

I finally yelled, "WHO GIVES A SHIT?!" They both looked at me, looked at each other rather surprised, and I guess they agreed because there wasn't even a squawk about it!

I still enjoy Simon and Garfunkel's version, but after hearing Draiman's version the original seems rushed. Usually a remake sounds off when compared to the original, which says a lot. He re-envisioned and made it his own.
That was EXACTLY my impression from listening to S&G's version just now: Rushed. It wasn't, but it seems that way now. A lot of music is played too fast these days - much of it is better when slowed down...

Another great remake is the unplugged version of Layla - it came out as a completely different song from the original, and I like both. OTOH, the Eagles remake of "Hotel California" SUCKS WINGO WANG! That song is supposed to hit HARD, and the remake doesn't - and that's all I hear on the radio anymore!